Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
As a 100% employee-owned contractor, when you work at Sundt, you're not just hiring on at a company, you're joining a culture. Because everyone at Sundt is part owner, you'll join a team of people who are deeply invested in their work. From apprentices to managers, we're passionate about the details and deliberate in everything we do.
At Sundt we focus on building long-term prosperity for our clients, communities and employee-owners. We offer competitive pay, industry-leading benefits including a 401k and employee stock ownership plan, incentive programs for craft and administrative employees as well as training that focuses on your personal and professional growth. We're driven by skill, grit and purpose. Join us as we strive to be the most skilled builder in America
Is the technical source of information for the project and should have a thorough knowledge of the construction documents, subcontracts, and purchase orders. Responds to questions about drawings, specifications, shop drawings, and change orders. Maintains an effective and professional working relationship with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers. May assist with the supervision and/or training of Field Engineers. This position includes three 'steps' (I, II, and Senior), which provide for a progression of skill and experience. Step I is the entry level for individuals with a minimum of experience in this position. Step II is used for employees with 3 years of experience in this position, or with experience on larger and more complex projects. The 'Senior' step is used for employees with more than 6 years of experience and/or experience on significantly larger or more complex projects.
1. Demonstrates an understanding of the components of the project management plan (PMP) including the project scope management plan, procurement plan, environmental plan, time management plan, financial plan, quality management and safety plans and risk management plan to ensure successful project execution. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the change management process.
2. Develops a procurement schedule and integrates it with the project CPM schedule. Procures necessary material and equipment. Coordinates submittals with other trades. Reviews all submittals for compliance with the contract documents.
3. Develops an understanding of the prime contract, subcontracts, purchase order agreements, and allowance items as well as contract drawings and specifications. Administers elements of the processes involved in budgeting and controlling costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget. Demonstrates business acumen within area of responsibility.
4. Maintains \"As?built\" contract documents. Compiles close?out requirements, including operation and maintenance manuals, warranties, and other job?specific items required by the specifications.
5. May participate in concrete form design and related equipment selection and will participates in takeoffs
for concrete, asphalt concrete, earthwork, and utilities as required.
6. Plans, acquires, develops and supervises members of the project team to ensure relentless execution of the project.
7. Prepares and maintains quantity reporting mechanisms and coordinates agendas and prepares minutes for all meetings as well as maintaining various project logs.
8. Prepares and reviews change orders, including time extensions, with the appropriate personnel before submittal to the owner. Maintains the change order log and, upon receipt of executed change orders, distributes documents as required to company and subcontractor field personnel. Prepares cost control budget adjustments and executes in a timely manner.
9. Prevents claims, identify potential claims, quantify, mitigate/resolve the effects of those that do occur on a timely basis.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. An advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, etc., plus in?depth
understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units, is required.
2. Four?year construction? related degree or equivalent technical training and related experience, plus a minimum of three to four years of similar construction engineering experience.
3. Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines. Should have the skill/ability to supervise and/or train Field Engineer positions if so required.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
2. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
3. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
4. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
6. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
7. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
8. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
9. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
10. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
Note: Jobs with the Safety-Sensitive designation are those that include tasks or duties that the employer reasonably believes could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others such as operating a vehicle, operating equipment, operating machinery or power tools, repairing/maintaining the operation of any vehicle/equipment, the handling/disposal/transport of hazardous materials, or the handling/treatment/disposal of potentially flammable/combustible materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt is committed to the equal treatment of all employees, and/or applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, genetic information; or any other classification protected by applicable Federal, state, or local laws.
Market Competitive Salary (paid weekly)
Bonus Eligibility based on company, group, and individual performance
Employee Stock Ownership Plan & 401K
Industry Leading Health Coverage Starting Your First Day
Flexible Time Off (FTO)
Medical, Health Savings, and Wellness credits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Assistance Program
Workplace Wellness Programs
Mental Health Program
Life and Disability Insurance
Sundt Foundation - Charitable Employee-Owner's program
2 days ago
Sundt Construction, Inc.
2 days ago
3 days ago
Sundt Construction, Inc.
BMW of North America
BMW of North America