Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Buckhorn, a Myers Industries Company (NYSE: MYE), an industry-leading manufacturer offering an extensive selection of reusable bulk boxes, hand-held containers and pallets designed to protect products, improve workflow, lower operating costs and increase profitability. Buckhorn provides superior custom capabilities that fit your precise applications.
This role is responsible for applying knowledge of engineering theory, manufacturing methods and problem-solving techniques to improve operating equipment performance and related processes. The successful candidate will work in conjunction with production, maintenance, quality, and engineering departments to improve safety, quality, productivity, and reduce costs.
You have the responsibility as an employee at Buckhorn to make a good quality product to exceed our customer expectations. You have the authority and responsibility to initiate recommendations to resolve problems and continuously improve our Quality Management. Total Quality Management involves all employees at Buckhorn to be dedicated to participating in improving our processes, our products, and our culture. Quality product starts and ends with you! Take pride in your work by providing a clean & functioning product for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work in conjunction with other departments to improve safety, quality, and production processes, reduce delays, increase efficiency, and reduce cost.
• Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing, six sigma and A-3 problem solving techniques to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, and cost effectiveness.
• Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods to avoid re-occurrences.
• Promote decisions driven by data instead of opinions.
• Introduce new equipment, methods, and processes to improve existing operations.
• Design testing methods and calculate process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
• Design, develop, and implement control systems to improve production cycle times, product quality, equipment performance, down-time reduction, and process automation.
• Utilize statistical means to optimize and improve performance.
• Analyze process performance data and identify trends, runs, to reduce process variation.
• Participate and contribute to the achievement of department goals including goal setting.
• Identify and solve chronic/repetitive problems and failures.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical, Electrical or Automated Manufacturing.
• Engineering or equivalent technical education.
• 7-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment - plastics preferred.
• Demonstrated success working in and/or leading cross functional teams.
• Proven track record of driving significant efficiency improvements and cost reduction efforts.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with opposing opinions and capable of leading team towards best outcome.
• Thorough knowledge of problem-solving techniques, brainstorming, kaizen events, value stream mapping, focusing on win-win solutions.
• Creative problem solver with high degree of analytical skills.
• Passionate about continuous improvement and teamwork.
• Well organized self-starter skilled in time management.
• Ability to interpret electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic schematics.
• Experience working with programmable logic controller (PLC), control logic and human machine interface (HMI) is beneficial.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and computer aided design (CAD).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee regularly is required to walk, climb, or balance, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and the risk of electric shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Position hours and shifts will not exceed 40 hours, unless authorized. There may be a requirement to be 'on call' at times.
Myers Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
25 minutes ago
25 minutes ago
South Western Communications, Inc.
34 minutes ago
Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC
15 minutes ago
The Knot Worldwide
35 minutes ago
35 minutes ago