Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
Contribute to the mission of Goodwill by being an active Management Team Member at a retail location. Assist in maximizing financial results, store appearance, customer experience and associate satisfaction. Assistant Managers, in their manner and appearance, keep a positive work environment and act as exemplary role models to their staff and customer.
(Other duties within the scope of this position may be assigned.)
1. Identifies work to be done, prioritizes and delegates, assists in developing associates to drive store financial goals.
2. Promotes and sets the example for Goodwills standards of exceptional customer service, both internally and externally.
3. Assists the store management team with meaningful communication through onboarding, monthly meetings, check ins and appraisals.
4. Solicits customer and associate feedback
5. Recognizes and rewards behaviors that reinforce progress and success utilizing all recognition programs.
6. Maximizes the value of all donated goods. Ensures donations are received and processed quickly and efficiently.
7. Adheres to Goodwill operational standards. This includes pricing, rotation, schedule and plant returns.
8. Demands a high level of excellence to the standards of dress code, visual presentation, housekeeping.
9. Submits all closing reports, accident reports, risk training reports, Kronos documentation correctly and on time.
10. Ensures the security of all company assets.
11. Utilizes management information tools such as daily sales, production reports, sales by commodity, Round Up reports and monthly variance reports to determine and measure store activity and to identify trends.
12. Communicates directly, consistently and in a timely manner with direct supervisor and other management team members relating to problems with store operations and personnel.
The associate in this position has supervisory responsibility for designated associates in their department.
High School Diploma or GED preferred. Will consider a combination of education and work experience.
2 Years' experience in a leadership role required.
No professional certifications are required for this position.
The associate is not required to drive as part of their job duties.
The associate in this position will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check.
Lives the Values, Drives for Results, Customer Focus, Communication, Job Skills Knowledge, Builds/Leads Teams
Associates are required to follow Goodwill's safety rules and regulations, as outlined in Goodwill's policies. Managers have the added responsibility to ensure the compliance of their team members.
Information Privacy and Security
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Work Conditions
The associate is required to lift up to 50 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
The associate works in a moderate work environment with occasional exposure to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes, dust, etc.).
The associate must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as business needs dictate.
Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia is anEqualOpportunity/AffirmativeAction employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pleaseclick on this linkto access our EEO / Affirmative Action Program posters and learn about your rights as an applicant.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact the recruiting team at Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia at804-745-6300or via email atRecruitingAccommodations@goodwillvirginia.org. All information you provide will be keptconfidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
Applicants using Assistive Technology are encouraged to use our Indeed job board to submit applications.Click here to go to our Indeed Job board.
about 5 hours ago
about 19 hours ago
Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation
1 day ago
Atlantic Constructors Inc.