Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Bulfinch Temporary Service is currently looking for Unit Coordinators for MGH. This position is looking for candidates who can work a flexible schedule and gain experience on various units. Currently we have needs for days, evenings and overnight shifts during the week and weekend. Candidates schedules can be worked around school, second jobs, etc.
**Require a minimum of 3 shifts per week or 2 shifts on the weekend**
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under the general direction of the Nursing Director, the Unit Coordinator (UC) provides administrative support to unit-based and hospital-wide clinicians and staff in an inpatient unit, functioning as the liaison between the patient, visitors and the clinicians. The UC is expected to effectively organize priorities, complete tasks on time and to manage confidential patient information. The UC is responsible for partnering with nursing to coordinate the day-to-day patient flow including communication to key players regarding patient admissions, discharges and transfers. The UC is expected to provide outstanding services for every customer interaction.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1.0 Communication and Customer Service:
1.1 Greets and interacts with patients, families, visitors and coworkers in person and via communication tools in a professional manner.
1.2 Responds to and/or triages requests.
1.3 Escorts patients when appropriate
1.4 Receives, prioritizes, organizes and manages information at the central nursing station, and throughout the unit:
• Facilitates effective communication both directly and through utilization of communication tools- including telephone, paging, patient call system, fax, computer, and, using hand held devices in a timely manner
1.5 Supports and resolves processes related to the securing of patient belongings and
1.6 Schedules consultations, tests, procedures, and patient transport to other departments.
1.7 Assures adequate supply of admission packets for incoming patients per unit protocol
1.8 Maintains patient confidentiality at all times..
1.9 Monitors Patient Acuity system and sends reminders to staff via hand held
devices to complete this work
1.10 Schedules discharge follow up appointments (as per unit workflow)
2.0 Tasks Supporting Medications and Laboratory department (as per hospital policies and unit based workflow):
2.1 Supports securing and storage of medications.
2.2 Uses pneumatic tube to send and receive patient medications.
2.3 Assembles medications for transferring patients.
2.4 Returns unneeded medications to Pharmacy.
3.0 Tasks supporting management of the Patient Record
3.1 Enters into electronic medical record accurate and timely information about admissions, discharges and transfers to facilitate efficient patient throughput.
3.2 Maintains patient records for ready access and in compliance with hospital standards for:
• Order, completeness, integrity, confidentiality
3.3 Files/scans medical record components in designated locations.
3.4 Facilitates documentation associated with patient admissions, transfer, referral and discharge.
3.5 Successfully monitors and resolves fax machine for incoming/outgoing transmissions
3.6 Assists with unit operations during periods of planned and unplanned Information System downtime
4.0 Tasks supporting the environment of Care:
4.1 Contacts ancillary service departments to obtain equipment, services and supplies; tracks status and location; uses designated process for identifying and facilitating repairs.
4.2 Supports responsible management of supplies, equipment, materials and services
4.3 Orders, receives, unpacks and stocks unit supplies.
4.4 Monitors inventories and provides input into par level changes.
4.5 Assists in maintaining compliance with Environment of Care Standards.
4.6 Maintains cleanliness and order of work space, and compliance logs for refrigerators in nourishment center, discards expired contents of refrigerator, and electronic device management
4.7 Oversees specialty equipment and tracks lost equipment
4.8 Maintains conference room bookings (where applicable)
4.9 Follows up on equipment returns/ borrowing of equipment
4.10 Ensures infection control signs and other patient caution signs* are posted outside
4.11 Monitors secured and locked units and follows hospital security policy regarding entry
to secured units
5.0 Professional Responsibilities: *
5.1 Collaborates with the Nursing Director to identify and meet needs for continuing education.
5.2 Completes required training in a timely manner
5.3 Attends/views in-services to remain current with changes in policies, procedures and practices.
5.4 Participates in and supports quality and process improvement initiatives.
5.5 Participates in the orientation of all staff.
5.6 Adheres to hospital, departmental and unit-based guidelines.
5.7 Complies with timekeeping policies including proper use of Kronos
5.8 Adheres to attendance standards and dress code standards
5.9 Willingly performs other tasks as necessary
• Demonstrates a commitment to the MGH Mission, Credo and Boundaries, and to Nursing and Patient Care Services vision, values and guiding principles in creating a welcoming and professional environment.
• Enthusiastically connects with a diverse population of patients, visitors, caregivers and coworkers.
• Anticipates, identifies and meets customers' needs.
• Prioritizes work in alignment with the needs of the patient, family members, caregivers and colleagues; always considers the best interest of the patient.
• Acts as a central resource and often first point of contact for patients, families, providers, coworkers and external departments.
• Respects patient confidentiality.
• Maintains a quiet environment
Collaboration & Teamwork
• Exhibits diplomacy and communicates with patients, families, caregivers and coworkers in a manner that demonstrates respect, professionalism and a commitment to the team.
• Proactively communicates information and offers assistance to others.
• Demonstrates strong listening and verbal skills.
• Participates in department initiatives and contributes to team's success.
• Assists in mentoring new staff as directed.
• Provides coverage for breaks and mealtimes
• Floats to other units to assist in coverage
Flexibility & Resilience
• Responds to change with a positive attitude and remains open-minded.
• Demonstrates a willingness to learn.
• Adapts to shifting priorities in response to the needs of patients, visitors, caregivers, coworkers and hospital's needs.
• Demonstrates ability to rebound quickly when confronted with challenging situations.
• Demonstrates an understanding of Disaster protocols to include: fire, safety, code calls, per the mandatory training, as outlined by MGH and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospital guidelines.
Problem-Solving and Follow-Through
• Demonstrates ability to make sound decisions and take appropriate action in a proactive manner.
• Utilizes available resources and recognizes when a situation warrants assistance.
• Identifies trends and opportunities for improvement.
Attention to Detail
• Provides highest quality in all aspects of work; checks and corrects own work to prevent mistakes.
• Effectively prioritizes work, multi-tasks and endeavors to complete all work on time.
• Holds self accountable; strives for continual improvement.
• High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree or higher preferred.
• Previous customer service and experience in a health care setting strongly preferred. Previous employment demonstrating the skills and abilities listed above.
• Proficiency with MS Windows and strong keyboard skills preferred.
• General hospital setting.
• Able to sit for extended periods of time.
• Able to routinely lift 5-15 lbs or move items.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
7 minutes ago
about 3 hours ago
about 3 hours ago
16 minutes ago
BH Management Services, LLC
16 minutes ago
B.HOM Student Living
17 minutes ago
Quirk Auto Dealers