Posted in Other 10 days ago.
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the
University of North Texas System. The UNT System includes the
University of North Texas in Denton and
University of North Texas at Dallas and UNT Dallas
College of Law, and the
University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region. We are growing with the North Texas region, employing more than 14,000 employees, educating a record 49,000+ students across our system, and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.
We are one team comprised of individuals who are committed to excellence, curiosity and innovation. We are transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We champion a people-first values-based culture where We Care about each other and those we serve. We believe that we are Better Together because we foster an inclusive environment of respect, belonging, and access for all. We demonstrate Courageous Integrity through setting exceptional standards and acting in the best interest of our communities. We are encouraged to Be Curious about opportunities for learning, creating, discovering, and innovating, and are encouraged to learn from failure. Show Your Fire by joining our team and exhibiting your passion and pride in your work as part of our UNT System team.
Learn more about the UNT System and how we live our values at
Food Service Supervisor- Food Court
For more information on retirement plan options, please visit
Commensurate with Experience
Why work for UNT Dining? Our employees explain.-YouTube
It's About the Food. As the largest self-supported food service department in North Texas, UNT Dining Services offers 5 Dining Halls, 20+ retail venues, an upscale dining restaurant, a hydroponic garden, a central scratch bakery, and catering service-all led by professionally-trained chefs and hospitality experts. UNT is recognized as a national leader in university dining due to the department's innovative, trendsetting approach to foodservice and award-winning culinary talent. UNT operates Mean Greens Café, the nation's first 100% vegan collegiate Dining Hall, and Kitchen West, Texas' first and only university Dining Hall Certified Free From™ the Big 8 Food Allergens and Gluten Kitchens with Confidence. In early 2021, UNT opened its first standalone Dining Hall, Eagle Landing, inspired by urban food halls and home to seven unique restaurant concepts, all available for a single Meal Plan swipe. UNT was named No. 2 in the nation as a college with the best food by Delish.com, and is also the recipient of the prestigious Loyal E. Horton Award and Vegan Recipe Award from the National Association of College and University Food Services. As a founding member of the Menus of Change University Research Collaborative, UNT contributes to groundbreaking research on plant-forward diets, food waste reduction, and consumer food choices while accelerating the implementation of the Menus of Change Principles of Healthy, Sustainable Menus.
This position provides immediate oversight to a specific retail dining location. This position is responsible for enforcing retail dining policies and procedures. This position helps maintain a positive staff and excellent customer service. This position will help with training of new hires, ordering, and weekly inventories. This position is immediately responsible for the daily operations of their specific location.
High school diploma/GED equivalent and two years of experience in institutional or commercial food preparation, including one year of supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, or training.
* Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions; ability to direct and manage the work of others.
* Ability to work from written menus, standard recipes and oral instructions.
* Ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately.
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: checking orders for quantity).
* Considerable knowledge of the materials, methods, and equipment used in preparing food on a large scale.
* Considerable knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service, and knowledge of necessary precautionary measures.
* Knowledge of food values and menu planning.
* Ability to train personnel in the care and use of equipment and in standard practices and methods used in large-scale food service.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Two years of supervisory experience.
* Great work ethics.
* Outgoing personality.
* Eager to excel and grow with our exciting Union Retail Dining operations.
This is a security sensitive position.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Food Service Supervisor
Carrying, Cleaning, Climbing, Crawling, Driving, Kneeling, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hear
1. Employee is timely. Shows up within 5 minutes of scheduled time, ready to work.
2. When absent or tardy, calls manager or supervisor at least one hour prior to shift beginning. Helps cover shift when possible.
3. Does not have excessive absenteeism in accordance with Food Department policy. More than two absences a semester is considered excessive.
4. Employee always wears a clean and neat uniform which includes name tag and skid resistant shoes.
5. Exhibits exemplary grooming standards. Consistently used as a model for new hires.
1. Monitors and assures quality and availablity of items throughout the meal service.
2. Guarantees that all food is handled and served in accordance with HAACP and Food Department guidelines. Monitors equipment and fills out HAACP logs. (ZERO EXCEPTIONS)
3. Is highly visible in service area and/or kitchen based on MOD assignment.
4. Guarantees that Food Service Workers and student workers have all tools and products necessary to successfully complete their jobs.
5. Contributes to the success of the department by using positive statements about the Food Department and coworkers.
6. Effectively trains new full and part time employees; retrains employees as necessary.
1. Keeps self and employees motivated and productive.
2. Looks for additional responsibilities when not busy. Sets up next shift for success.
3. Works smart. Sets up systems to ensure work flow is not interupted when employee is not present.
1. Is effective and friendly in communication with team members and customers; is positive and enthusiastic at all times.
2. Anticipates, takes ownership, and satisfies customers, fellow team members, and management needs and concerns.
3. Displays a positive demeanor with staff and customers alike, each day without exception.
4. Exercises discretion in sharing Dining Service information with others. Does not talk negatively about Dining Services or employees.
about 4 hours ago
about 13 hours ago
about 16 hours ago