Posted in General Business 19 days ago.
Myers Industries, Inc. (NYSE: MYE) is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of polymer products for industrial, agricultural, automotive, commercial and consumer markets. We are also the largest distributor of tools, equipment and supplies for the tire, wheel, and under- vehicle service industry in the United States. Myers Industries was started in 1933, by Meyer and Louis Myers, as a tire supply storefront in Akron, Ohio. In 1946, the Company began manufacturing plastic and rubber products related to the tire industry for distribution. In 1963, Myers Industries, Inc. was established and grew into a diversified plastics manufacturer and tire repair supply distributor. Since then, Myers Industries has expanded to become a leading polymer manufacturer of material handling containers and distributor of tire repair and retread products for both domestic and international markets.
Great pay! Great benefits!Referral bonus!
Are you looking to join a fantastic, dynamic manufacturing team? Trilogy Plastics is an industry-leading and world-class rotational molding company with a positive culture based on ethics, safety, excellence, and great relationships.
We are currently hiring in our finishing department. Employees are brought on board at a trainee level and gain experience toward advancing to the technician 3, 2, and senior levels.
Gains knowledge and experience by assisting in assembly and finishing operations on manufactured plastic goods, producing parts conforming to customer and company specifications
• Focuses on learning as much as possible about the company's assembly and finishing processes
• Gains understanding of quality and efficiency requirements
• Performs all functions under the guidance of the Finishing Supervisor or Team Lead
• Checks finishing setup sheets or videos daily for each part in order to confirm operating parameters; follows all operating procedures, paying attention to details
• Uses go/no go gauges and calipers to inspect parts per quality procedures to ensure conformance
• Prepares parts and setups for Finishing Technicians
• Assists Quality Assurance to thoroughly inspect parts when needed
• Packages finalized parts or sends nonconforming parts for rework, safeguarding the integrity of the part
• Controls scrap and waste to the best of his/her ability
• Works toward meeting company-established efficiency goals
• Develops and maintains positive working relationships with coworkers
• Upholds processes in line with the company's world class vision and strategic goals
• Follows company policies, safety standards, quality standards, and SOPs
• Participates in 6S program efforts
• Performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Competency in basic math including decimals and fractions required
• Basic computer skills required
• Entry level experience in plastics manufacturing preferred; Knowledge of manufacturing environment/processes
• Experience and competency using basic measurement tools such as calipers, tape measures, and go/no go gauges preferred
• Experience with ISO9001:2008 compliance preferred
• Moving mechanical parts
• Moderate noise level
• Possible exposure to fumes and airborne particles
• Warm during summer months
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly-changing work environment
• Ability to stand, sit, squat, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, stretch, walk, reach, twist, bend, grasp, use hands and fingers, handle objects or controls, talk, hear
• Physically capable of accessing/moving through all areas of the plant; Agility to negotiate around moving machinery and people
• Ability to frequently lift up to 25 pounds, occasionally up to 50 pounds, and rarely up to 75 pounds
• Specific vision abilities: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Myers Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
about 7 hours ago
Trilogy Plastics, Inc.
1 day ago
1 day ago