Construction Management VI (Supervisor)
at King County
Posted in Project Management about 1 month ago.
This job brought to you by Recruitology
Location: Seattle, Washington
DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS BULLETIN - SEE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AT THE END OF THIS JOB DESCRIPTION WHO MAY APPLY:
This position is open to all qualified applicants. This recruitment may be used to fill other upcoming vacancies.WORK LOCATION:
WTD Satellite construction management offices located in Renton or Seattle, with travel required to other WTD locations throughout King and South Snohomish County. WORK SCHEDULE:
This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, and is not overtime eligible.
The 40-hour workweek is normally Monday through Friday. JOB SUMMARY:
Oversee the construction management and inspection programs for public works contracts. This position is responsible for the supervisions of construction management staff that administers, inspects and manages construction projects. Plan, organize, supervise and administers the construction management and inspection programs. Ensure compliance with personnel policies, construction contracts, industry standards, and King County construction management policies and procedures. Provide direction for responding and negotiating field changes and claims. Directly supservise assigned staff including routine and special project work, and all personnel actions including performance evaluations and other related matters. WTD
is committed to the principles of equity and social justice.
We value diverse perspectives and life experiences in our workforce, and are committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive environment. WTD strives to provide equitable services to residents and businesses across King County.For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact:
Senior Human Resource Analyst
- Build an effective team to manage assigned construction projects
- Provide supervision to the construction management staff.
- Ensure assigned construction contracts are administered in accordance with the contract requirements, and, in accordance with current King County policies and procedures.
- Ensure construction project teams manage and perform construction inspections, including sampling and testing of materials and equipment for assigned construction contracts.
- Review plans and specifications for assigned projects to ensure compliance with established standards, treatment plant operational constraints and program objectives.
- Negotiate construction contract changes on assigned projects, in accordance with current King County policies and procedures.
- Evaluate workloads and develop staffing plans for assigned projects.
- Establish and communicate performance standards and effectively evaluate performance of assigned employees.
- Provide technical and contractual support to legal staff on contracts and claims.
- Ensure assigned project staff evaluate and report project construction budgets and construction schedules.
- Ensure assigned staff coordinates all construction activities with WTD Operations Staff.
- Supervises administrative staff ensuring contract documents are properly managed.
- Proactively address work place conflict, and initiate needed change to develop effective teams and to improve project delivery.
- Evaluate work flow process and facilitate the design and implementation improvements to work processes.
- Develop needed work process to ensure compliance with contract documents and applicable policies and procedures.
- Review design plans and anticipate potential construction issues during the project design phase. Assist in preparation of contract documents to ensure projects requirements and constraints are clearly stated.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or a closely related field or the equivalent combination of experience and eight (8) years of increasingly responsible experience is required. Of the eight (8) years, one (1) year must have been as a supervisor of staff. Four (4) years must be in field inspection in construction management.
- Valid Washington State driver's license.
- Thorough knowledge of current engineering principles and practices, construction methods, materials and equipment used in the construction of large infrastructure projects.
- Ability to effectively build construction management teams to manage the construction of a number of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate with others clearly and effectively.
- Ability to collaboratively develop and manage work objectives and performance standards.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate performance expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively evaluate and manage employee performances.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative. Make day to day decisions regarding tasks, assignments and conflicts.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, sometimes for extended work hours, while producing high quality work.
- Ability to develop forecast workload and staffing plans.
- Ability to understand and implement policy direction into work products.
- Ability to use software that supports the delivery of required work products including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and databases. Working knowledge of construction and project management techniques and principles.
- Knowledge of public works contract administration.
- Ability to evaluate engineering cost projections and construction schedules.
- A working knowledge of relevant regulatory laws, ordinances, codes, standard specifications and plans as applied to heavy infrastructure construction.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals from contractors, elected officials, the general public and other King County staff
- Ability to motivate and lead others.
- Experience in managing construction activities in an operational environment.
- Experience in wastewater conveyance, pump station and treatment plant process design or construction.
- Experience in preparing, contract documents, and administering public sector contracts.
The Technical Employees Association represents positions in this classification.
Interested candidates should Interested candidates should submit a compelling cover letter, comprehensive resume, and salary history via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of resumes will begin the week of January 23, 2017. Ralph Andersen & Associates will conduct the initial evaluation of submitted materials to determine the best overall match with the established criteria as outlined in this recruitment profile.
Please click on this link for the full brochure and application instructions
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.