Office for Scholarly Communication - Staff Assistant
at Harvard University
Posted in Business Development 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Office for Scholarly Communication
55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
Duties & Responsibilities
The Harvard Library Office for Scholarly Communication (OSC) team seeks a highly motivated, exceptionally organized, and technically savvy individual to provide outstanding support for Harvard scholarly communication and open access programs. Reporting to the Program Manager , this position is a key member of a high functioning team with primary responsibility to provide skilled support in all areas of the department. The incumbent will provide a wide range of complex administrative support to enable the team to deliver superior service to the University regarding open access, copyright, and scholarly communication.
Please note: This is a full time grant funded term appointment until June 30, 2018 .
Typical Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Serves as the principal contact for the office, including in-person visits, answering the phone, and assisting with questions about department services including Open Access.
- Triage and problem solve complex inquiries regarding local systems (ex. DASH repository)
- Coordinates all aspects of meetings and event planning including arranging for facilities
- Provides wide ranges of support including composing, proofreading and editing correspondence, reports and other materials using word processing, spreadsheets and/or databases
- T akes accurate and concise minutes of internal meetings
- Maintains complex schedules, makes travel arrangements, and prepares reimbursements
- Maintains some financial documentation, especially in regards to the HOPE open access fund
- Establishes and maintains an up to date and accurate filing system
- Procures and maintains inventory of supplies for the office
- Supports staff as needed
- Contributes to department goals by accomplishing related duties as required, including adding faculty articles to the DASH open access repository
- High school degree or equivalent education or work experience
- Minimum of three years administrative support or library experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Working Knowledge of the Google suite of programs (Drive, Docs, Calendar, Gmail)
- Proficiency with Mac computers
- College degree preferred
- Must be able to effectively multi-task and prioritize to juggle multiple commitments, competing deadlines and shifting priorities
- Successful candidate needs excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate by phone and e-mail
- Good sense of discretion and ability to appropriately handle confidential information
- Demonstrated detail orientation and consistent follow-through with a proven ability and judgment to take initiative Can think ahead and plan appropriately to successfully manage complex schedules
- Must be able to both work well independently and to pitch-in when needed as a member of a small department Interest in scholarly communication and open access preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.