Strategic Sourcing Manager at Great Lakes Cheese
Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hiram, Ohio
Who is Great Lakes Cheese?
Great Lakes Cheese is celebrating over 50 years of Excellence in Cheese Making! Since 1958, Great Lakes has grown rapidly by acquisition, plant expansions, investment in the best technologies for production and distribution – and by setting high industry standards for service. Currently, Great Lakes serves the nation’s retailers and food service operations with nine strategic facilities across the U.S. We earn this proud tradition of award-winning quality and customer satisfaction every day.
To be a leading manufacturer and supplier of consistently high quality cheese products. We will achieve this through our commitment to outstanding customer service, innovation, dedicated employees, and business partnerships. Our environment of open communication, integrity, and mutual respect encourages everyone to go beyond what is expected. We believe that profitability is a success only if the customer, the suppliers, the employees, the communities, and the company benefit.
Benefits of working at GLC:
Great Lakes Cheese’s success hinges on the dedication and professionalism of our people. From our inception, we have created and maintained an environment for employees to learn, develop their careers and enjoy mutually rewarding relationships, recognition and earnings. As we have grown throughout the years, we have kept the small company, family feel, even as a billion dollar organization. Point in case, our employees participate in an ESOP Plan, where they own approximately 20% of the company. In addition, we offer competitive benefits that include Medical, Dental, Life and Long-term Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan, an Employee Assistance Program and tuition reimbursement.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager lead the cheese sourcing function for the organization by evaluating and directing the cheese sourcing strategies to maximize opportunities available. The Manager will require being aware of business trends, economic conditions, competitive activities, and historical category level performance in order to evaluate and analyze the sourcing strategy.
- Analyze the requirements of the various cheese commodity items, including preliminary specifications, preferred supplier, and volume of commodity is needed.
- Solicit and evaluate proposals for the requested commodity.
- Investigate and/or interview potential suppliers to determine if they meet the specified requirements.
- Advise team members and management on the appropriate supplier to be used.
- Negotiate the lowest possible cost for the commodity balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Implement purchase contracts that comply with company and government regulations.
- Supply feedback to suppliers regarding quality issues with products.
- Work with supplier and plants to resolve all issues and assist with disposition decisions of such product.
- Development of the function of the long hold (aging) program, which includes scheduling production for the Adams cheddar facility.
- Work with Marketing and R&D to source raws for samples and new product offerings.
- All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing or related field.
- 5 years or more sourcing experience in cheese and/or related dairy commodities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Up to 10% of travel.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Master’s degree.
- SAP experience.
- Certified in Cheese grading.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- Occasional exposure to industrial operations including: temperature extremes from approximately 35ºF to 100ºF; noise levels in excess of 85 dB; moisture and moving machinery.
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.