Safety and Compliance Communication Supervisor (Maplewood, MN) at 3M
Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Safety and Compliance Communications Supervisor for the Abrasive Systems Division located in Maplewood, MN.
The person hired for the position of Safety and Compliance Communications Supervisor will provide marketing advice and consult with Safety Leadership Team to set and execute short-term strategic direction and operating plans. This person will also execute the implementation of Next Gen Labeling standard as developed by Safety Leadership Team.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Leads the implementation of Next Generation Safety Label and Insert Standards across the ASD Global Portfolio
- Utilizes resources across work areas and departments through cross functional collaboration with manufacturing, lab, etc., for decision-making and to create solutions. Participates on Business and Cross Functional teams, ensuring their understanding of key strategic issues
- Over time, become an expert in the area of regulations relating to product labeling standards.
- Assists Safety Team Leader in development and implementation of long and short term Strategic Priorities
- Works closely with Marketing Communications to Review and all changes to product labeling and safety insert revisions
- Works with cross functional teams in Manufacturing, Marketing, and Communications to assure alignment and understand potential logistical issues at the plant level with regard to label and packaging standards and limitations
- Will become a core member of the Safety Steering Team
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in manufacturing, applications engineering, product engineering, and/or industrial marketing & communications
- Minimum of two (2) years of combined experience in project management and/or Six Sigma
- Experience in regulations, such as OSHA, ANSI, FEPA
- Knowledge of 3M’s global strategy, business areas, structure and organization
- Experience with market analysis (competitor environment, trends, etc.)
- Experience with customer management
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
See job description.