Pharmacist Clinical Specialist - MCH Inpatient Pharmacy (PT Days) at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Posted in Pharmaceutical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: LONG BEACH, California
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Clinical Pharmacist Specialist is responsible for improving therapeutic outcomes for our patients through safe, rational and cost-effective pharmaceutical care, education and research, in the Inpatient Satellite Pharmacy department at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center. The Clinical Pharmacist Specialist maintains competency in drug therapy and disease-state management in order to provide this care and improve patient care outcomes. The Clinical Pharmacist Specialist provides drug information to physicians, nurses and other health care workers to improve the quality of medication prescribing and administration. The Clinical Pharmacist Specialist assists with medication reconciliation, identifies potential medication safety issues and works actively to prevent medication errors. The Clinical Pharmacist Specialist educates patients and families to improve compliance with drug therapy as required. The Clinical Pharmacist Specialist directs the work of ancillary personnel as necessary. The Clinical Pharmacist Specialist also contributes to the future of the profession and pharmacy services within the hospital by teaching pharmacy students and post graduate pharmacy residents.
- Graduate from a school of pharmacy with a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree.
- Current licensure as a pharmacist in the State of California.
- A current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) certification.
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited pharmacy residency is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in an inpatient hospital pharmacy with clinical exposure or a pharmacy practice residency with equivalent experience is preferred.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and prioritize a diverse workload.
- Proficient understanding of common computer programs used in pharmacy practice and ability to type at least 30 words per minute is preferred.
- Working knowledge of pharmacokinetic principles is preferred.
- Qualified in Pharmacy Services Guidelines for assigned service area is preferred.