Architectural Summer Intern at Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as an Architectural Summer Intern for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
SOM's Summer Internship Program will run from June 5, 2017 to August 11, 2017.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Completion of minimum third year of architectural bachelor’s program or enrollment in master’s degree program in architecture or related field of study;
- Students must be returning to school in Fall 2017 to be considered for a summer internship at SOM;
- Some experience in the architectural profession or associated arts;
- Strong design capabilities as demonstrated in portfolio or work samples;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino and visualization software;
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively.
- You must be returning to school in Fall 2017 to be considered for a summer internship at SOM.
Applicants who do not submit work samples will not be reviewed.
- Application deadline is March 20, 2017
- Decisions announced on April 3, 2017
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB.