Posted in Architecture 4 months ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Jabil is a $17B diversified electronics manufacturing solutions provider and we are actively recruiting for a Project Manager I to join our team. If you thrive in a dynamic, rapidly evolving and demanding environment you will be an excellent fit in our organization.
Project Manager will lead low complexity projects and or support higher complexity projects, programs and initiatives. Manages assigned projects through the various stages of the project lifecycle, from concept to implementation. This includes support the development of Statements of Work (SOW), business proposals, functional requirements, project plan w/milestones, financials, and implementation plan.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Define concise goals and objectives within a project framework
- Ensures all project requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution
- For low complexity projects recognizes project Key Performance Indicators and manages the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints
- Conducts project risk reviews and appropriate mitigation actions
- Facilitates communication as appropriate to all involved and "manages" internal stakeholders. This includes escalating issues to the next level of management.
- Supports forecasting project budget and staffing needs for current and future site needs
- Remains accountable for overall project success of low complexity projects and for more complex projects contributes to overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management
- Manages the overall budget of assigned projects
- Remains accountable for customer satisfaction / relationship both internal and external as deemed relative or necessary to project success
- Understands and exceeds customer (internal or external) needs and expectations
- Identifies creative ways to implement corrective actions in a cost effective manner
- Provides feedback to project team and leaders on concerns regarding cost
- Develops and owns project plan, establishing a road map with clear dates and clear deliverables
- Provides regular project updates to project team, relevant departments, stakeholders, project champions and senior leadership as needed
- Provides weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information for projects including project status, resolving project issues and changes
- Works with stakeholders to define project road maps and deliverables
- Clarifies and communicates project objectives and success criteria
- Ensures all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately
- Identifies and prepares proposals that close gaps and mitigates risk
- Adheres to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Complies with and follows all procedures within the company security policy
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
This position will not pay for relocation or sponshorship.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree - required
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in project management
- CAPM or Equivalent Certification preferred
- Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and / or training
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. This position requires U.S. citizenship. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.