EMS Manufacturing Process Support at Kay & Associates
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Kay and Associates is an engineering services firm located in Buffalo Grove, Illinois and has been in business since 1960. Our division specializes in Engineering, Information Technology and Manufacturing related positions on a temporary basis as an employee of Kay and on a direct hire basis.
We are seeking an individual experienced in Manufacturing Engineering Support for printed circuit boards, cable/harnesses and electro-mechanical / box build assemblies for a client in Elk Grove Village. Will work on 1st shift to become acclimated and then switch to 2nd shift. Position is expected to be on a contract to direct hire basis.
$18.00 - $24.00 / hour (DOE)
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
2nd Shift Work Schedule:
Monday – Friday, 4:00 PM – 12:30 AM
Will work in a highly diversified manufacturing facility for printed circuit board, cable/harness and electro-mechanical / box build assemblies, handling requirements from the prototype phase through production.
The focus will be on customer quality output manufacturing issues versus company internal design quality issues as an OEM would do. Need to be able to look at a manufacturing defect, create a workaround and make immediate corrections to the process to ensure the external customer specifications are being satisfied. If a solution is needed, it is a hands-on process that takes place immediately.
As part of the ITAR Compliance Program, all employees must meet the U.S. Department of State requirements to be a “U.S. Person”. Acceptable documents to be used in determining if an employee is a “U.S. Person” are as follows (Original documents only, copies will not be accepted):
- A U.S. passport
- A U.S. birth certificate issued by the appropriate state authority
- A naturalization certificate
- A Permanent Resident Card (AKA: Green Card or USCIS Form I-551)
- I-688B Employment Authorization Card, annotated with “274a.12(a)(5)"
- Hands-on manufacturing / process engineering experience in a related industry. Prefer EMS (electronic manufacturing services).
- Experience focusing on customer requirements, creating work-arounds and making corrections to processes to ensure customer specifications are being satisfied.
- Experience with SMT, reflow and profiling processes.
- Experience with equipment and machinery used in electronic manufacturing services industry, in particular, pick and place machines and screen printers.
- Must be able to provide documentation to support ITAR requirements
NOTE: Any offer of employment is contingent on passing a drug test and a background screen prior to starting.
See Job Description