Posted in Public Relations 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
At Edelman, we create digital experiences that connect brands with audiences through both digital and physical environments. We believe the most authentic experiences are human centered, understand the consumer journey and embrace the recently possible through an artful use of creative, technology and environmental design. We’re creative storytellers and our work gains the attention of target audiences and moves them to action.
The technology team creates a wide array of solutions including (but not limited to): A variety of websites both large and small, mobile applications, experiential solutions, LMS’s and Employee Engagement platforms. Ultimately we lead the charge on all campaigns that require code!
The Front End Developer will work to help develop concepts and bring these new ideas to life across a number of platforms, technologies and devices. This role will further enhance the team’s ability to drive new business, educate internally and externally the value of emerging technologies and further enhance our presence in showcasing Edelman as innovative thought-leaders.
The purpose of this role is to create and develop software solutions to meet the multi-device, multi-platform challenges and opportunities faced by our clients. As a Front-End Developer you will own the entire Design through implementation process for all Front-End related services (like Microsites, Websites, updates to Banners and Displays).
This role encourages curiosity and constant evolving. Projects are varied in nature you will be involved from ideation to delivery and have the scope to constantly try new technologies, platforms and code.
- Have a strong passion for emerging technologies, digital thinking and industry trends
- Have an understanding of digital marketing and the ability to apply technology in innovative ways
- Ability to drive rapid development prototyping of creative ideation
- Ability to educate co-workers through innovative prototyping / demos / presentations
- The desire to take projects from concept through execution
- Ability to articulate ideas, products, software and technologies in coherent, easy to digest format
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others (e.g. enjoys brainstorming and helping juniors progress their skillset)
- Most importantly has an inquisitive mind and is both confident and enjoys coding in multiple languages, like Wordpress, Java, Vanilla Java, Jquery and SQL.
- Experienced in either Java
- Understands and codes to good-practices such as design patterns
- Experienced with version control systems including best-practices regarding branching and merging
- Experience in writing technical documentation and requirements gathering
- 2+ years experience in a development role or applicable experience.
Bachelors Degree (Engineering/Computer Science preferred).
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.