Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: El Paso, Texas
Job Code: 01512-17545
To provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Esophagitis, Gastrointestinal disorders, Kidney and Urinary Tract infections, Pneumonia and Pleurisy, Septicemia, Nutritional and Metabolic disorders, Cellulitis Pulmonary Edema and Respiratory Failure, COPD, Diabetes, Bronchitis & Asthma, Renal Failure, Anemia, PVD.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
2. Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
3. Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
4. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
5. Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
6. Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
7. Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
8. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
Current RN licensure in Texas,
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Medical Nursing experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician\'s orders.
Knowledge of body substance isolation.
Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 06/13/2017