Desktop Support Analyst (Part-Time)
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
CompuCom Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered just south of Charlotte, NC, provides IT managed services, infrastructure solutions, consulting and products to Fortune 1000 companies. We are committed to enhancing the end users' experience in all facets of the word. Our vision is to empower people to achieve the highest levels of performance by making technology work for them — anywhere, anytime, on any device. What You'll Do
In order to deliver our exceptional services, we need a team of dedicated and enthusiastic, hard-working, and customer service oriented technicians! That's where you come in! We're looking for someone to bring their skills and passion to support one of our financial customers.
You will be expected to deliver exceptional customer service as the face of CompuCom. You will be responsible for interacting and servicing our clients with any technical problem they are experiencing. Be helpful, relatable, and pleasant while diagnosing and fixing their problems.
- Solve a broad range of day-to-day onsite technical issues on network infrastructure and internal desktop systems, including software installation and support (Windows and Mac operating systems), providing phone system/internet phone support, and assistance with hardware peripherals -- you make it happen!
- Be helpful and understanding - provide the support you would want!
- Customize the customer experience for every individual—all communication, instructions, and product knowledge to the level of the individual.
- Determine the most cost effective repair to minimize customer downtime.
- Be proactive! Prepare reports for analysis of product failure trends and service issues.
In short, you service our customers with whatever technical issues they may have in the most pleasant way possible! Who You'll Work With
As a CompuCom Desktop Support Technician, you'll play a crucial role in supporting our customers and proactively identifying their needs. You'll work to create the ideal experience that any customer would seek to encounter. For many of our customers, technology problems can be frustrating but easily solved by educating them. Your patience is a virtue! You'll be the face of our operation and the go-to for what makes our company run—our customers. Who You Are
What We Offer
- Interested in working a regularly set part-time schedule
- Availability Monday-Friday. This position will ideally work 4-hour shifts, 5 days a week, onsite with the client.
- A Little Experienced
- 2-5 years of related work experience -- Level II support in a corporate/enterprise environment.
- A+ Certification - or able to obtain within first 6 months of employment.
- Solid experience and understanding of IT services and products -- Microsoft OS (Windows 7, 10) and software support.
- Hardware diagnostic experience is preferred, but hardware replacement is not required. Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook Exchange) End User Support is required.
- Some MAC OS (iMAC) experience/knowledge is preferred.
- Enthusiastic about technology and willing to learn and stay on the cutting edge.
- Relatable and responsible when interacting with ALL customers
- When the customer has a problem—are they going to dread your visit? If yes, you're not picking up what we're putting down.
- Consultative approach to solving issues - Help us, help them!
- Able to transform technical IT solutions lingo into terms everyone understands.
- Impeccable follow-through to customer satisfaction.
- Will attempt to connect to anyone you meet, no matter how difficult.
- Insatiable desire for knowledge, independence, and success—strive for more than the status quo.
- Not intimidated by problems you've never seen before—confidence is key!
- Hungry to work hard and hungry to grow your career!
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Free Learning Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Reward and Recognition Programs
- Associate Discount Programs including 10% off at Tech-Zone™ Stores
- Supportive Work/ Life Balance Environment
- Flexible Scheduling
Help us grow our legacy. We're transforming the way all businesses get IT services. Our client's tech problems are no longer theirs, the ownership lies with us.
We innovate everything. We connect everyone. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
Join CompuCom. Grow with CompuCom. Build the CompuCom legacy!
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.