Member Debt Specialist II at USAA
Posted in Collections 30+ days ago.
Location: San Antonio, TexasJob Description:
Purpose of Job There are multiple positions available
We are currently seeking talented Member Debt Specialist II for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Protects the financial interests of USAA by communicating with internal business partners, members and interested third parties to support the collection efforts for all levels of delinquency. Maintains and completes required account support information. Acts as general work flow coordinator for collection support related activities ensuring that service level objectives, regulatory requirements and timelines, as well as reporting requirements are met. Additionally, serves as a process expert for collection support related tasks.
- Under direct supervision uses established procedures and experience to carry out moderately complex work assignments.
- Researches and responds to consumer credit disputes involving less complex or single product disputes.
- Ensures the accounts are updated to reflect accurate payment history.
- Reviews, researches, and investigates CAD requests for removal.
- Identifies and escalates issues when appropriate and follows all applicable local, state and national laws and regulations surrounding the collections industry.
- Communicates verbally and/or in writing with members, attorneys, debt management and settlement agencies, and other 3rd parties in attempt to settle debt.
- Receives and processes task items from business partners.
- Completes required account verification/maintenance and documents all contact information.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- 1 or more year of customer service experience in a production environment or financial services industry
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Familiarity with bankruptcy and/or estate processes
- 2+ years Consumer Loans and/or Credit Card Collections experience
- 1+ years of Administrative or Data Entry experience, in a financial services environment
- Working knowledge of CACS, FDR and/or ALS software
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 12/5/17 by 11:59 pm CST time.