Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Monica, California
Treyarch is looking for an incredibly passionate and talented temporary character artist with a focus on clothing and gear to help us create realistic characters. A successful candidate would need to understand the important nuances of how clothing of both soft and hard surfaces mold to the human form in a realistic way. This candidate will need to have the important balance of quality and speed, while being able to adapt to changes in direction to achieve our project deadlines.
What you'll be doing:
• Help implement approved character body assets into the game engine.
• Create high poly and low poly models and textures based on concepts and inspirations.
• Insure that all source data files are cleaned, organized and ready to use.
• Optimize model topology, Uvs, and shaders.
• Work closely with your lead and senior team members to make any modifications necessary in order to keep assets consistent and in game ready both from internal and outsourcing teams.
• Correcting, enhancing, or reworking assets to ensure they meet the aesthetic and technical standards set by your lead and art director.
The skills and expertise you’ll need:
• Strong understanding of human anatomy.
• Ability to help resolve technical and artistic problems.
• Strong understanding of Maya, Zbrush, and/or Mudbox.
• Strong understanding of efficient topology.
• Strong understanding of Substance Painter.
• Strong understanding of Marvelous Designer.
• Strong knowledge of texturing using Photoshop.
• Understanding of PBR materials and textures.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to balance multiple tasks and deliver them within time frames needed.
Additional skills and experience not required, but would really excite us:
• Experience using character rigs.
• Basic skinning/weighting experience.
• Console or PC game development as a 3D Character artist.
• Experience working in various game engines and run time packages.
• Foundational skills in traditional art, painting, drawing, and/or concept art.
Candidates will need to submit any combination of the following:
• Online Portfolio and/or Demo Reel with Reel Breakdown
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped to make the studio behind the Call of Duty: Black Ops series of games, an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time, according to NPD and GfK Chart-Track; Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records; and the studio’s most recent Call of Duty: Black Ops III had the biggest entertainment opening weekend of 2015, and was the #1 console game globally for the calendar year. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc.