Facilities Maintenance Worker - MECHANICSVILLE, VA at SUPERVALU Holdings Inc
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mechanicsville, Virginia
The primary function of the Facilities Maintenance Worker is to under general supervision of the Lead Mechanic, perform all functions associated with maintenance, building repairs and other special purpose equipment.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Repair and maintain shop equipment.
Repair building electrical, lighting systems, plumbing systems and fire protection systems.
- Repair and maintain of dock boards.
Responsible for compliance with all established safety policies both general and maintenance specific.
- Repair high speed roll up, overhead, dock personnel doors, wells, pumps, filters and control valves.
- Repair trash compactors, bailer, conveyer and hydraulic systems.
- Perform welding.
- Repair floor and curbing.
- Work all storm emergencies, power outages and snow storms.
Ensure that all work performed is properly documented and accurately recorded.
- Placed on 24 hour call-in as needed or on a rotating schedule.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to work 6 feet or higher off the ground.
Must have trade school or factory training or three years related experience.
- Must have skills with basic hand tools.
- Must be able to properly use a digital volt/ohm multi-meter.
Must be able to read and interpret drawings and schematics.
Must be able to fill out reports in a timely and accurate manner.
Must be able to work shift work and be able to work one day on the weekend.
Must have your own hand tools (large and special purpose tools are available in the shop).
- Must be willing to learn.
- Must be able to handle equipment/tools weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Plumbing skills are a plus.
- Will be placed on 24 hour call-in as needed or on a rotating schedule.
Exposure to welding flash, fumes, oil/grease/dirt, solvents, excessive noise, and temperature variations from -15 to 100+ Fahrenheit.
Stooping, kneeling, turning/twisting, and bending at waist.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.