Controls Engineering Co-op (June - December '18) at Schreiber Foods
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Logan, Utah
Company Description - Schreiber Foods has grown from a single production facility in Green Bay, WI to a $5+ billion global enterprise and one of the largest dairy companies in the world. We make cream cheese, natural cheese, process cheese and yogurt and sell them to leading retailers, restaurants, distributors and food manufacturers around the world.
Our Culture - We call ourselves partners rather than employees because were all partnering together to increase company value. Every day, we come to work knowing the choices we make, the ideas we initiate and the problems we solve will make a difference. This gives us a sense of pride in everything we do because were striving to be the best customer-brand dairy company in the world. We're successful because we live our values of caring, partnership and ownership each and every day.
Who are we looking for? Were looking for individuals to help us achieve our vision to be the best customer-brand dairy company in the world. If you describe yourself as an honest, trustworthy, caring, energetic, results-oriented, customer-focused, disciplined, forward-looking individual who fosters a sense of ownership, inspires others and wants to continuously improve and learn, you may be a great fit for Schreiber.
Qualifying Positions Will Offer:
- A 401(k) plan with a generous employer match. Schreibers plan administrator recognized our plan as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Quarterly bonuses. Through our pay-for-performance program, partners have an opportunity to earn a cash bonus every 90 days based on the companys success.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Future professional growth and opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
In this Engineering Controls Co-op, you will work with Operations, Engineering, IS, Plant Maintenance, Process Engineers, and contractors to understand the operations plant floor systems including SCADA/PLC/MES. Understand the needs of the users, and implement program changes to meet those needs. Responsible for the overall programming on the operations plant floor systems. Support multiple projects across varies plants and locations. This is co-op positions, must be able to work 40 hours/week, June - December '18.
- Establishing design standards for new equipment
- Creating electrical drawings
- Evaluating alternatives to choose the best solution
- Directing install contractors
- Conducting/Assisting with factory acceptance or laboratory tests
- Overseeing/Assisting with equipment installation
- Developing and troubleshooting programming with Rockwell Automation PLCs
- Developing and troubleshooting HMI Touchscreen and data historian applications
Exciting opportunities. New challenges every day. A chance to make a difference -- and work with great people. That's life at Schreiber Foods.
Take the next step in your career by applying your knowledge and skills at Schreiber... where you'll experience more opportunities, more rewards, more teamwork and be an essential ingredient in the companys success.
To learn more about Schreiber Foods, please visit our website at www.schreiberfoods.com.
We're looking for individuals who thrive in fast-paced environments. Successful candidates will have:
- Completed Junior-level status or higher toward a BS degree in an Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technologies or Information Technologies program
- Maintained a GPA of 2.75 of higher
- This is co-op positions, must be able to work 40 hours/week, May - December '18.
- Effective communications skills
- Ability to work well with Plant Partners, Home Office Partners, as well as Partners in other departments
- Ability to take ownership of assignments and complete them
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges/opportunities
- Drafting using AutoCAD
- PLC programming on Rockwell platforms
- Operator Interface programming on Rockwell platforms
- Technical writing/research skills
The above job requirements will be developed during the internship. All requirements are not needed to apply, but some experience will be helpful.
How To Apply:
If you're interested in joining a growing, team-oriented organization of more than 7,000 partners worldwide, please apply today through the links provided on this site or by visiting the Schreiber Foods Career Opportunity Page.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.