Production Supervisor - Hauppauge, NY at Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope Inc
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: HAUPPAUGE, New York
Job ID: 124116
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
As Production Supervisor, you will oversee and plan the general production flow and lead times as well as material inventory control and optimization. You will supervise and train personnel in the operations during the shift in a manner consistent with overall Company’s policies and procedures. There may be times you will be requested to work the night shift.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervise personnel, production workflow, and quality.
- Ensure that all personnel, prior to the start of shift, are wearing the correct safety equipment and that safety awareness is maintained throughout the shift.
- Ensure that Sift Supervisors and Department Leads are properly trained and their job functions are being performed correctly.
- Verify that all employees have read the appropriate Job Safety Analysis sheets, and have completed the proper safety videos.
- Confirm that employees have been instructed on the proper safety procedures.
- Conduct performance evaluations on production supervisors and Department Leads.
- Report to maintenance/safety coordinator any safety hazards or equipment malfunctions/required maintenance.
- Complete verbal and written disciplinary warnings/counseling in accordance with the company’s policy and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize work orders to meet due date deadlines.
- Ensure all production schedules are completed at the end of the shift and that company quality standards are met each day.
- Assist shift Supervisors and department personnel any position or work station through the plant when the work-load requires the extra help or when an employee is absent.
- Complete production reports at the end of the shift, including work performed by department, back orders and hot items.
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job.
- Experience in glass industry preferred, but not required.
- 3+ years Managerial and Supervisory experience is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to operate under pressure, meet strict deadlines and capacity to multi task.
- Able to read and perform complex mathematical calculations, ability to read and write measurements in numbers, fractions, and decimals at a high school education level or equivalency.
- Ability to read schedules and case tags.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Lotus Notes.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and effectively prioritize workload with emphasis on multitasking capabilities.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.