Machine Operator - Fishers, NY at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fishers, New York
Job ID: 125914
Anchor is a division of the Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG). APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 40 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 165 operating locations and more than 5,000 employees.
Operate machinery as directed while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures to produce a superior product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Set stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule, or templates
- Observe machine operation to detect product defects or machine malfunction
- Review product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance assuring product meets quality requirements
- Perform routine machine maintenance
- Assist other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Must have machine operator experience and mechanical skills
- High school diploma/equivalent; or at least one month of related experience in trades specific to job requirements; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work a flexible schedule
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Anchor is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Anchor is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.