Wine Education Associate at Constellation Brands
Posted in Education 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Helena, California
Trade Education: (85%)
- Host trade experiences, which includes educational tastings, seminars and meals. Exercise independent action and discussion when discussing vital business issues with our highest tier trade guests during one on one visits daily. Use independent discretion on which Sales and Marketing strategies and platforms to apply to each experience hosted.
- An example is when an On-Premise Strategic Account visits seeking information on potential new SKU placements for their national wine list. It is the Wine Education Associate’s responsibility to know what SKU’s would best fit the customer’s needs; as well as the needs of Constellation in terms of branding, inventory, and sales initiatives.
- May travel to lead off-site seminars or other sales and marketing educational needs in the field
- Manage the communication of brand message to trade guests; exercising discretion on SKU availability by region or by trade account types
- Track and maintain current knowledge of Constellation field sales strategy (initiatives, calendars, incentives) to independently know which SKU’s should be presented and when they should be presented to the various types of visiting trade guests.
- Speak knowledgeably about viticulture and winemaking
- Liaise with sales and marketing to secure the most efficient return on investment for all visits.
- Greet, assist and communicate with visitors spontaneously, consistently and graciously.
Program Development: (15%)
- Contribute to the development of new hospitality programs. At the beginning of each fiscal year, and when brand or SKU prioritization is adjusted throughout the year, the Wine Education Associate helps to translate the brand story of the new priority into a hospitality program. The program is intended to support sales and marketing efforts when their guests are hosted at the winery.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of hospitality programs that strategically and appropriately communicate brand messaging to various trade channels. Follow each brand’s blueprint to ensure all touchpoints are followed. Help to weave the story into a guest program that can be adjusted or edited by visitor type; for example, distributor principle or manager, Constellation sales training, On-Premise or Off-Premise guest.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of hospitality programs that strategically fit the need for specific sales guests such as regional distributors or national strategic accounts. This includes a strong awareness of available inventory, distributor allotment by region or by distributor (in multi-distributor states).
Job TypePart time
Job AreaHospitality & Retail
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).