Transportation/Traffic Engineer at Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: HAUPPAUGE, New York
VHB is seeking a highly-qualified Transportation /Traffic Engineer to work on a full-time basis in our Hauppauge, NY office. Candidates should have a strong background in traffic engineering, traffic operations, and transportation planning to support the development of traffic impact studies and planning studies. Experience working with both public and private sector clients is a plus.
VHB s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
- Prepare traffic impact and parking studies for private developments
- Perform traffic analyses of operating conditions
- Identify reasonable & effective mitigation strategies for identified impacts
- Complete traffic safety and operational improvement studies for intersections and corridors
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple assignments and work in a team environment
- A strong work ethic with the desire to learn and achieve
- Excellent attention to detail
- Expertise with Synchro and SimTraffic; experience with VISSIM a plus
- Knowledge of NYSDOT design specifications and requirements a plus
- Expertise with AutoCAD
- Bachelor s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of professional transportation and traffic engineering experience
- EIT certification in New York State, PE preferred
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We re proud, yet humbled, to have been doing this for 38 years. We are dedicated to making a positive impact, and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. You can review our EEO Policy at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/2016_EEOPolicyStatement.pdf and an overview of the law at https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Careers/EEO_istheLaw_Poster-Supplement.pdf