Electrical and Instrumentation Technician at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Muskogee, Oklahoma
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician – Muskogee, OK
At Georgia-Pacific, we don’t believe that a job is just simply a job. We see each role as a career and a way to advance your skills to not only better your life, but the community as well. Our Georgia-Pacific Facility in Muskogee, OK is searching for an Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Technician to join our team.
The E&I Technician role is an experienced skilled crafts position that creates value by programming, troubleshooting, and ensuring production equipment operates to its optimum performance levels to meet productivity goals. This position will support the long-term quality and production goals of the organization by demonstrating teamwork and initiative and by adhering to all safety standards and codes.
To learn more about our Consumer Products brands, visit www.gp.com/Products/Products-Overview
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Ensuring proper operation of all electrical/control system components to include: electronic components, motors, solenoids, limit switches, Programable Logic Controllers (PLCs), I/O modules and photo-eye sensors
- Working as a team with the Supervisors, Maintenance Coordinator, and Operations to plan, procure and document activities for the enhancement of electrical and instrumentation maintenance within the facility
- Sharing knowledge with other technicians as it relates to maintaining and troubleshooting PLCs, instrumentation, and controls
- Applying all applicable codes, regulations, reliability strategies, corporate and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) standards
- Improving operations productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, and coordination of labor, parts, material, tools and equipment access
- Reviewing, developing and/or modifying work orders for all plant equipment and entering work orders into the facility maintenance system
- Contacting vendors and manufacturers as needed for support in issue resolution
- Maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment as required by specific jobs
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
One of the following:
- Associate or Technical degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Systems, Instrumentation, Electronic Technology AND at least two (2) years of electrical/electronic and/or instrument & control troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment
A minimum of four (4) years of electrical/electronic OR instrument & control troubleshooting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with Industrial Controls, e.g.: PLCs, motor controls, control valves, electrical distribution, industrial instrumentation for flow, pressure & temperature
- Willing and able to work any shift, overtime, weekends, on-call and holidays
- Experience reading and following electrical and maintenance schematics/blueprints
What Will Put You Ahead?
Allen-Bradley (A-B) Guard-Logix, A-B Control-Logix, or Siemens 500 series PLC troubleshooting experience
- Mechanical maintenance experience to include fluid handling and conveyor systems, hydraulic systems and accumulators, and valve identification and application
- Experience with systems integration to include PLC, HMI, instrumentation, networking, communication, and power distribution
- Experience with variable speed drives A-B Power-Flex, ABB ACS800, ABB ACS850, ABB DCS800 or Yaskawa
- Experience with computer operating systems, networks and electronic information handling
- Experience with Delta-V or other Distributed Control System (DCS) platform
- Experience with Fanuc Robots
- Fabrication and welding experience
Why Work For GP?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf