Technical Writer III at Bridges Consulting, Inc.
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Annapolis Junction, Maryland
With the passion to make a difference, BRIDGES solves national security and commercial vulnerability challenges using cyber intelligence. In today’s cyber battleground, our team of elite experts makes BRIDGES an industry pacesetter and agile innovator that delivers success as a trusted partner.
We are hiring top talent for a rapid growth trajectory while maintaining our culture and values of commitment, integrity, respect, and courage. Within the BRIDGES family, our employees are our first priority. We offer best-in-class compensation and benefits, a collaborative atmosphere, and opportunities to develop and advance; ... and we have fun!
Title of Position: Technical Writer III
Description of Position:
This position provides systems engineering support and related services to Cryptographic Physical Products Modernization (CPPM) Program Management Office within the Cryptographic Assurance Operations (CAO) Organization. The position is part of a ESEA II contractor team of 1 SE4, 2 SE3s, 1 Technical Writer 2, and 0.5 Process Engineer 2.
- Preparing, reviewing, revising, and maintaining technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation.
- Writing and editing technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation.
- Creating code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
Education and Experience Required:
Six years of experience as a Technical Writer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four years of additional TW experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Gather technical information, prepares written text
- Maintain a current internal documentation library
- Use multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences (U) Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials (U) Coordinate layout and design of documents
- Work on all phases of documentation
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
- Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies
- Apply technical manual standard NSA DS-89 to work products
- In addition, they shall have:
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work within a team setting to complete assigned tasks within expected schedule to complete.
- Flexible/easily adaptable within a dynamic work environment that may require surge efforts.
TS/SCI with Polygraph
EOE AA M/F/D/V to EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Requires TS/SCI with Poly