PROPOSAL COORDINATOR at Granite Construction Incorporated
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Northbrook, Illinois
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
This position is responsible for overseeing & coordinating preparation of individual proposals to ensure winning submissions.
As a Proposal Coordinator, a typical day will include the following:
- Maintain Bid Schedule for all groups
- Update resumes, project experience lists, sell sheets
- Obtaining bid documents/addenda both electronically or manual request
- Printing & distribution of plans to estimators
- Uploading of plans to FTP site
- Setup ITB in SmartBid and maintain SmartBid database
- Place legal ads in local newspapers when needed
- Uploading Bidding information into Granite Insiders and CRM
- Procure bid bonds and insurance quotes
- Proposal preparation (signatures & notary)
- Bid submission- familiar with various agency electronic means of bid entry or hard copy
- Contract & subcontract distribution and filing
- Preparation of awards/marketing materials as necessary
- Complete prequalification packages (or assist Granite when necessary) #LI-ML1
This position is for you if:
- You are Very Organized and Detail oriented (accuracy)
- A Multitasker – you know how to prioritize, follow up and work under tight schedules & timelines
- You have 3+ years in of professional experience in technical writing,proposal preparation, or marketing
- You have prior experience working in construction, this is preferred but not required.
- You are proficient with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.#LI-ML1