Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Valencia, California
Additional Locations: (n/a)
Purpose and Passion * Comprehensive Benefits * Life-Work Integration * Community * Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we re one global team committed to making a difference in people s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose improving lives through your life s work.
About this role:
The successful candidate will become part of a team that develops safe and innovative Neurological devices to improve the lives of patients with chronic pain. Balance a variety of tasks related to requirement gathering, user interface design, real time operating systems, firmware development, testing, trouble-shooting, and firmware maintenance. The candidate must be able to interact with cross functional teams from the product definition stage through product launch.
Your responsibilities include:
* Establish requirement specifications for new products.
* Architect reliable, high quality and efficient firmware system.
* Assure a high standard of quality in your own work and in the work of others on your team via good coding practices, process improvements, clean designs, smart testing and review practices.
* Develop test protocols for design verification.
* Working closely with a team of other highly skilled engineering professionals to deliver top-quality firmware/hardware to the end user.
* Ability to work collaboratively.
* Driven to maintain high standards of quality, even under pressure.
What we\'re looking for:
* Bachelor s Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering.
* 9+ years of experience in embedded firmware/hardware design.
* Experience developing firmware for a variety of 8, 16, 32 bit processors in C, embedded C++ and assembly languages.
* Experience with test automation utilizing scripting languages such as python, PHP.
* Demonstrated capabilities to develop reliable, high quality, and efficient firmware based systems that meet a wide variety of requirements and feature sets.
* Interface design experience with one or more of the following is a plus; SPI, I2C, Bluetooth, and USB.
* Post-graduate or specialization is desirable.
preferably in the medical device development field.
* Experience with TI MSP430 and ARM micro-controllers is desired.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 407691
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Neurology, Medical, R&D Engineer, Firmware, Engineer, Healthcare, Engineering, Technology