Pharmacy Technician at First Databank, Inc.
Posted in Pharmaceutical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
In Some Jobs You Take Orders. In This One, You Write History.
Join the healthcare information technology team that’s turning drug and medical device data into knowledge used by thousands of hospitals; the majority of U.S. health plans, retail pharmacies, and pharmacy benefit managers; and millions of healthcare decision makers throughout the world. Partnering with our information system developer and healthcare institution customers, you’ll help evolve leading-edge thinking into reality and make a measurable difference in improving human health.
We’re looking for people who are: Intelligent. Productive. Committed. Willing and able to go above and beyond. Passionate about making a difference. Innovative. Energized. And want to play an essential role in a successful company’s continued growth.
Are you ready for this exciting challenge?
The First Databank (FDB) is currently seeking a certified Pharmacy Technician for a Research Associate role. The Research Associate plays a critical role in researching source pharmaceutical information, making detailed observations, analyzing data and interpreting results for possible inclusion within knowledge base content.
Position will be based out of the Indianapolis office.
- Obtain and compares source information as directed by work procedures, supervisory personnel, and team pharmacists, for inclusion within knowledge base content.
- Work conforms to stated policies and standards.
- Acquire skillset to analyze and understand source information for possible applicability within maintained knowledge base products.
- Maintain, analyze and prepare possible resolution for discrepancies within the data audits and other reports using your acquired knowledge and understanding of the database with support by team lead, supervisor and/or management.
- Performs various data entry tasks to record or verify a variety of coded and uncoded source information into knowledge base content maintenance system.
- Supports an environment in which co-workers develop trust and sensitivity to others’ concerns and viewpoints.
- Cross-trained to perform basic tasks routinely done by other RAs as a backup.
- Carries out limited research activities, makes observations, analyzes data and is able to discuss with supervisors in comparison to stated Editorial policies and work procedures.
- Acquire through training an understanding of phases of work processes and acquire the knowledge of the job duties.
- Takes ownership of all work completed.
- Engage in open and honest discussion and communication of ideas, commit to the decisions and actions and focus of achievement of collective results.
- Works collaboratively in a group as a team member to accomplish stated goals.
- Word processing and other Office tools as needed for completion of assigned tasks and external customer communications such as Editorial Highlights and SalesForce.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and writing capabilities.
- Must be able to multitask and stay organized
- Prioritization of workload; able to seek guidance when competing priorities are present.
- Attention to detail; work performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Effective Organization skills, able to manage day-to-day work and projects.
- Completes data entry work using appropriate Apollo forms, and other data platforms and tables as needed.
- Can work independently and in a team environment with supervision by management personnel.
- Basic drug knowledge and pharmacy experience is logically applied to data entry consistent with current Editorial policy.
- Through training, acquire the ability to write and submit New Clinical Formulation requests per Pharmacists’ final review.
- Through training, acquire the knowledge and use of common data sources for research and gathered data storage.
- Through training is capable and proficient in data entry tasks using new and existing forms and tables.
- Minimum Education - High school diploma.
- Acquire and maintains active status as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) and state licensure as applicable (California, Indiana, Missouri).
- Minimum Experience – 1+ years of pharmacy technician experience in a healthcare setting.
- Skills Required – Demonstrates ability to work within FDB data entry systems and internal support systems and database knowledge.
- Able to work at an intermediate level with Microsoft Office applications of Word, Excel and Access.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrates ability to conform to work procedures; meet applicable deadlines, accuracy and productivity standards.
FDB is the leading provider of drug and medical device knowledge that helps healthcare professionals make precise decisions. With thousands of customers worldwide, FDB enables our information system developer partners to deliver valuable, useful, and differentiated solutions. We offer more than three decades of experience in transforming medical knowledge into actionable, targeted, and effective solutions that help improve patient safety, operational efficiency, and healthcare outcomes. For a complete look at our solutions and services, please visit www.fdbhealth.com or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We value Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Teamwork, and Creativity. Our offices in South San Francisco and Indianapolis have been awarded with Top Workplaces honors by The Bay Area News Group and the Indy Star, respectively, including the most recent honor awarded to our Indianapolis office in 2017 (the Top Workplaces honors are based solely on the results of an employee feedback survey by a leading research firm that specializes in organizational health and workplace improvement). FDB offers competitive salaries and extensive benefits – including medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance, and matching 401k.
FDB is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. As stated in our Equal Employment and Affirmative Action Policy, part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, FDB provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion or similar philosophical beliefs, disability, marital and civil union status, age, genetic information, veteran status or any personal attribute or characteristic that is protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800.633.3453.