Cash Application Specialist at Gordian
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
- Establish and maintain working relationships with trade account finance departments to properly apply payments and research deductions.
- Collaborate with department management to maintain general A/R performance levels
- Communicate with the Sales Team and other internal departments for assistance to properly apply payments.
- Coordinate with Collectors regarding payment postings and research
- Provide backup support for the reception area in answering phone lines when needed
- Assist in other duties as needed and directed
- Download bank statements daily for application of ACH, wire, and credit card payments received.
- Download lockbox detail daily for application of checks.
- Manually post credit card payments where necessary.
- Assist with account write offs, cancellations, and issuance of credit memos.
- Maintain dual posting to two systems
- Accurately track unapplied payments until they are researched and resolved.
- Will be first number in a phone queue for customer calls with Accounts Receivable questions.
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Accounting/Finance or Business Administration with two (2) years of direct cash posting experience (Bachelors a plus) or High School Diploma with a minimum of 5+ years documented experience in a similar field
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- High level of analytical and time management skill and outstanding customer service
- Solid proficiency is required with experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Accounts Receivable systems