Pharmacy Technician - Dispensing (Inpatient Services) (Ongoing Posting) at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Posted in Pharmaceutical 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Join the #1 Hospital in Wisconsin as an Inpatient Pharmacy Technician!
We are seeking a Dispensing Pharmacy Technician at University Hospital to:
- Prepare and package medications
- Deliver medications to different patient care areas
- Control inventory and cost
- Work with Pharmacy automation and robotics
Find out more about what it is like to be a Pharmacy Technician at UW Health!
Minimum – High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred – Completion of an accredited pharmacy technician training program
Preferred – Previous pharmacy technician experience
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred – Certified Pharmacy Technician
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Time and task management, prioritizing, and organizational skill
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to mathematically compute and convert drug concentrations and doses.
- Ability to type
- Previous experience with computers, preferably using Microsoft Office and other Windows based system.
- Ability to use computer for order entry, inventory control, billing, and record keeping.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting/and or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Full time; 40 hours per week. Shift times will vary, with day and evening hours. Weekend and holiday rotation is required. Earn extra pay for evening/night and weekend hours.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.