Pharmacy Technician - Dispensing (Ambulatory/Retail) (Ongoing Posting) at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Posted in Pharmaceutical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Join the #1 Hospital in Wisconsin as a Pharmacy Technician!
We are seeking a Dispensing Pharmacy Technician to:
- Provide multi-faceted support to pharmacists and clinic staff at multiple pharmacy sites across the city of Madison.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by assisting patients with their take-home medications in a fast-paced health care environment.
- Process claims and help patients navigate complex insurance issues.
- Work hands-on with medications of all kinds.
- Explore opportunities to climb our Technician Career Ladder and work in new and exciting pharmacy fields, including Remote Dispensing, Tech-Check-Tech, Anticoagulation, Adherence Packaging, and PA Services.
- Develop your pharmacy knowledge and your career by completing our ASHP accredited technician training program.
- Great work schedule with no weekend or holidays required!
Click on the video below to see more about working as a Pharmacy Technician with UW Health!
Minimum – High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred – Completion of an accredited pharmacy technician training program
Preferred – Previous pharmacy technician experience
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred – Certified Pharmacy Technician
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Time and task management, prioritizing, and organizational skill
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to mathematically compute and convert drug concentrations and doses.
- Ability to type
- Previous experience with computers, preferably using Microsoft Office and other Windows based system. Ability to use computer for order entry, inventory control, billing, and record keeping.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting/and or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Full time; 40 hours per week. 8 hour shifts ranging between the hours of 7:30 am – 7:00 pm; Monday through Friday. There are no required weekends or holidays at this time.
This posting represents multiple openings at various UW Health Pharmacy locations. Additional information will be provided during an in-person interview.
UW Health Clinics - our physicians and staff are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient and family experience by delivering the highest quality of care in a compassionate environment. With more than 80 primary and specialty care clinics located throughout Dane County and the surrounding areas, we are proud to have the opportunity to impact the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.