Senior Equipment TCS Engineer at Henkel Corporation
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newington, Connecticut
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes? The primary function of a Sr. Technical Service Engineer is to provide engineering support for new and existing products. Specifics include design and administration of internal screening evaluations on developmental and commercialized equipment, optimization of material assembly processes and direct interaction with customers to troubleshoot and solve product and process related problems. This role also provides global on-site support at Henkel's customers.
What we offer
- Conducts all R&D laboratory work in a safe manner including the use of proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), adherence to site safety practices, use of laboratory equipment, 5S, etc.
- Leads customer interaction/communication for major customers and possibly for key customers.
- Successfully self-directs project work.
- Ability to formulate strong conclusions & path forward from project work.
- Has ability to successfully handle on-sight support of complex customer issues.
- Ability to apply creativity and innovation to solving technical problems.
- Routinely uses knowledge of customer application methods and external literature in project work.
- Demonstrates implicit understanding of customer culture and anticipates their needs when developing new processes.
- Solves technology-specific fundamental problems associated with entire product lines and/or product classes.
Conceives novel approaches to application process development, troubleshooting, and material characterization.
- Considered an expert in a specific product line and/or market segment.
- Use of Project Management skills to drive projects to completion.
- Develops & presents presentations and webinars.
- Well co-operate with Henkel internal team to drive the business.
Who we are looking for
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical, Electronics Engineering, or other related fields.
- 5+ years of work experience in equipment or adhesives application are required.
- Direct customer experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with other team members in product development programs and application.
- Experience in writing technical papers or reports as well presenting results to a technical teams.
- Candidate must be able to work as a team member and also independently on multi-task assignments.
- Knowledgeable in Power Point, Word, Lotus Notes, Excel, Microsoft Project and Statistical Analysis Software is preferred.
- Availability to work longer hours when necessary
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career