PMO Manager at Northeastern University
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Requisition Number: STFR004337
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The division of Information Technology Services is currently seeking a talented individual to fill the role of PMO Manager. The PMO manager holds both the leadership and management roles in a PMO. The PMO manager is also responsible for various methods and practices around provisioning IT into the business, improving the overall PPM maturity across the organization, and tracking and reporting the conformance to plans and expectations of IT-oriented initiatives. As an arm of the overall IT governance function, the PMO manager is responsible for supporting and enabling the organization's projects, programs and structured work efforts. The PMO manager ensures that the work of the PMO adds value, is relevant to the strategy of the organization, and meets the goals set for the PMO by executive management.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 10 – 15 years of experience in IT and business/industry
- 5-7 years of leadership responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in leading diverse teams
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with one or more project management methodologies (for example, PMI PMBOK, PRINCE2 and agile)
• Program management skills and experience, plus significant knowledge of project planning tools with evidence of practical application (which is highly desirable)
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the PMO vision, and inspire and motivate PMO staff
- A distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills (This is a highly visible position with substantial impact.)
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment where resources may not be in direct control of this role
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them to drive digital business, and how they may be applied to the enterprise to drive digital business
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic resource plan
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain IT concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the PMO staff.
This is a senior-level position. The job holder is expected to demonstrate all of the required competencies at a proficiency level of advanced or expert.
- Building Relationships
- Business Acumen and Enterprise
- Change Advocate
- Influencing Others
- Results Orientation
- Strategic Technology Planning
- Strategic Thinking
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency