Business Intelligence Analyst at Kenco
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
About the Position
This position is the subject matter expert for business intelligence reporting related to all corporate needs; including financial, human resource, labor management, risk management, scorecard/KPIs, etc… This individual is responsible for collecting feedback and designing solutions that best meet the enterprise needs of Kenco Group. This position will report to the Product Manager of Business Intelligence (KMS IT).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and collect feedback from all necessary corporate business sponsors for future BI development.
- Communicate requirements to corporate BI team for internal ETL and administrative development.
- Develop end-user reporting based upon best practices using Qlik Sense and NPrinting applications.
- Be familiar with SQL in order to decipher logic to convert existing reports / dashboards from legacy reporting tools if needed.
- Validate and test new development for accuracy and confirm user acceptance pre-deployment.
- Assist end-users with necessary training in order to make them proficient at answers analytical questions that arise.
- Participate in BI team meetings and encourage teamwork as needed.
- Documents system processes in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Addresses complaints, resolves problems, and instructs users on corrective actions.
- tasks as assigned by the supervisor and IT Mgmt.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the experience, training, knowledge, education, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or University in Information Technology or related field.
- Preferred experience with financial, human resource, or risk management applications.
- Warehousing or Logistics Industry experience a plus.
- Communicate effectively with management, vendors, users, customers, and peers
- Logically present issues and potential enhancements effectively
- Ability to read and interpret documents related to operations and system usage
- Ability to train users and speak clearly, concisely and effectively
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical staff
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Expert user of Microsoft Productivity Software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Diagnostics/Troubleshooting capability
- System and Process Documentation
- Continuous Improvement mindset
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.