Night Dispatcher & Routing Coordinator - Hopkins, MN at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hopkins, Minnesota
Manages all aspects of the day-to-day dynamic routing of products including transportation provided by Private Fleet, 3rd Party carriers and Customers’ Fleet (all delivery and will call). Accountable for the daily determinations of the most efficient routing solution possible of all deliveries leaving the DC with particular importance placed on maximizing cube per load with minimum total and empty miles driven. Additionally, maximum on-time delivery percents must be maintained.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Determines the best routing solution for transporting products within a time-critical environment, considerations include retail customer hours of operation, local municipality regulation/restriction compliance, cost, miles driven, availability of drivers and equipment, cube utilization, etc.
· Develops strong relationships with local dispatching staffs to minimize unfavorable situations
· Develops strategic alliances with key retail customers to maximize cube per mile ratio and minimize cost
· Determines the best routing solution for backhaul pick-ups within a time critical environment, considerations include minimal out-of-route miles, availability of drivers and equipment, cost, dependability/reliability of vendor, etc.
· Develops strong relationships with Inbound Transportation staff for long-range supply and demand situations
· Develops strategic alliances with vendors to overcome scheduling issues
· Assigns routes in an expeditious and accurate manner to achieve on-time loading (warehouse), on-time departure (transportation) and on-time delivery (customer)
· Develops a strong working relationship with shipping personnel who can expedite loads
· Bachelor's Degree required
· 5 years of experience in customer-oriented environment required
· Proven experience in meeting time sensitive deadlines
· Exhibits professional demeanor and high personal integrity
· Displays high detail accuracy
· Excellent communication, human relations, inter-personal skills are essential
· Displays the ability to establish goals and efficiently utilize limited resources
· Strong numerical aptitude, high-level of motivation and stress tolerance is required
· Experience with the Microsoft software applications, as well as an aptitude for mainframe applications and a computerized routing system is highly desirable
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.