Technical Service Specialist III (CA) at Arthrex, Inc.
Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
|Title:||Technical Service Specialist III (CA)|
|Division:||Arthrex, Inc. (US01)|
|Location:||Other States- INC (US11)|
We need someone to live by a major mteropolitan airport, preferably in the Bay area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Under minimal supervision, serve as Arthrex lead to assigned customers; complete on-site troubleshooting, installation, validation, maintenance, and service repair needs on designated equipment. May assist and/or train less experienced Technical Service Specialists and Representatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Technical Service and Engineering teams to define and implement corrective action plans for escalated customer sites. Proactively engage with other team members to ensure they are aware of status of all issues at all times for their designated customers
- Effectively communicate and partner with teammates and colleagues
- Maintain regular, frequent communication with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction
- Partner with the customer and recommend value-added services that will help the customer run their business more efficiently
- Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer and Arthrex service records , ordering repair parts, and returning defective parts
- Focus on customer needs and satisfaction, while building on and enhancing the relationship with the customer to ultimately strengthen business partnerships
- Identify business opportunities for the organization, including incremental service agreement business
- Partner with Sales Team to ensure smooth and well-documented transition to support for Synergy Matrix and Synergy.Net implementations
- Provide serviceability input to Arthrex sales and implementation teams during pre-sales engagements; ensure that technical specifications are adhered to
- Ensure timely and successful product upgrades
- Responsible for assisting with DNS, subnets, DHCP, firewalls, switch configuration, and default gateways in development lab, and hospital sites
- Provide Level 1 LAN, VLAN and networking support
- Provide assistance with hardware testing validation and troubleshooting. This includes routers, network switches, encoders, decoders, and PCs
- Review network utilization statistics to verify that Arthrex solutions are properly utilized and support SLAs are met or exceeded
- Represent Technical Service as laision with product managers & product development teams
- Complete implementation of integration products at customer locations
- Up to 80% travel required
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in technical field preferred
- Minimum five years of field service experience required, medical device experience preferred
- One year of experience in working with complex networking and server administration
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns
- Strong time management and organization skills and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities
- Special Physical Requirements: Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time. Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License
- Be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required sit; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Visual acuity necessary to do the job safely and effectively.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The area that this job is performed in is a general office or open cubicle/workstation environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.