23 CTR/Grad 90 Supervisor at Adams and Associates
Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Marcos, Texas
Responsible for the management of Career Transition Department (CTR) including Work Based Learning (WBL) and the Grad-90 Program. Ensures quality programming that provides students with industry-recognized training and credentials. Provides transitional support and placement services leading to quality full-time jobs, higher education, military or advanced training. Identifies and develops Center-beneficial partnerships that lead to student benefit and success. Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information and integrity of student data.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree from an accredited school required. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited school preferred. A minimum of two years of experience in program management and direction. Substantial experience working with youth required. Prefer Job Corps or related program experience.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
Supervises and manages the Career Transition Readiness staff including WBL and the Grad-90 Program.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Ensures Center meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of the Career Transition Readiness departments to include Work-Based Learning (WBL) and the Grad-90 program.
- Ensures each student receives comprehensive and individualized case management that promotes quality career technical training, industry-recognized credential attainment and job placement.
- Ensures instructors provide quality career technical training and transitional support that leads to student placement. Tracks and monitors program outcomes to ensure goals are met.
- Works with the Center’s Industry Council to align the Center’s training with local workforce demands and to ensure students receive industry-relevant training.
- Ensures all career transition areas are represented by employers who meet with students on Center to provide career guidance and placement opportunities.
- Ensures effective collaboration WBL staff for WBL and direct placement opportunities that align with the training and credentials offered at the Center.
- Effectively manages the Center’s Grad-90 Program to ensure that students are appropriately scheduled and classes contain relevant and meaningful transitional and job search activities.
- Develops Center-beneficial linkages within the community for education, employment and WBL. Promotes a positive image of the Center and Job Corps and establishes meaningful relationships with elected officials.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Ensures that area of oversight is organized, clean, safe and conducive to student learning.
- Interviews, recommends for hire, disciplines, recommends for termination and evaluates the performance of the employees in the CTR Department.
- Fills staff vacancies in a timely manner. Effectively motivates, empowers and requires staff to perform his/her job responsibilities. Employs sound time-management and delegation skills. Holds staff accountable for producing quality work, develops staff for career progression and disciplines staff that fail to meet goals.
- Provides required/supplemental training for new and current employees.
- Motivates and manages staff to work effectively, creates a supportive work environment, recognizes staff accomplishments and proactively addresses staff performance concerns.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.