Senior Director, Digital Architecture & Development at Save the Children
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fairfield, Connecticut
The Sr. Director, Digital Architecture & Development will have a critical role for the IT Division and Agency and be responsible for the leadership and delivery of digital technology and development solutions.
This person will lead digital development and manage a team of digital developers and consultants, building and managing industry leading, robust and innovative digital software solutions for Save the Children. As Sr. Director, will help define and implement a strategy for the team to meet the Agency’s digital development goals and objectives. Responsible for the quality of work and technical approach taken by team members, ensuring it is in-line with the Organization’s strategy – and that solutions are delivered on time and on budget.
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
- Lead and manage a team of digital architects/developers and consultants responsible for development and management of Save the Children’s website. Responsible for day-to-day management of direct staff including hiring, performance feedback, goal setting, work assignments, coaching, and skill development (10%).
- Lead and implement critical support processes and on-call schedules for digital applications; putting into place the correct escalation and process to manage and resolve issue as soon as possible across the technology portfolio.
- Responsible for the management and development of the presentation layer of the website, ensuring pages are error free, cross browser, cross platform and optimized (70%).
- Responsible for coding
- Work hand to hand with business partners during requirement gathering process providing input to ensure a positive digital experience for supporters.
- Help define the strategic direction of our digital portfolio taking into account emerging and legacy technologies.
- Lead and facilitate technology and methodology decision making for the team, including standardization of system architecture, development procedures, best practices, and deployment processes in alignment with other development teams. Drive to ensure consistent standards and processes are followed across the Digital Development team. Develop standards and ensure that code is well tested and consistently error free at delivery.
- Stay up to date with security standards and requirements ensuring code developed by both them and their staff are developed in accordance to best security practices.
- Stay up to date with the latest digital software development methodologies and technology to assess growth and areas needing change.
- Document procedures and web standards and maintain website with CMS
- Lead Digital Development team within the PMO to define resources for projects; regularly developing and implementing internal reporting designed to measure effectiveness, utilization, and capacity of individuals and the team (20%).
- Review project progress and overview of the performance of all individuals in team resolving issues to ensure success.
- Lead and facilitate the smooth delivery of all projects, enhancements and support delivered by the team.
- Lead design and solution reviews ensuring digital technology solutions align with overall strategic direction of portfolio.
- You have a minimum 10-15 years' experience of staff management and digital system development experience Bachelor’s degree
- Experience leading a complex digital development team and technology portfolio with proven results.
- Very strong leadership skills; able to make independent decisions quickly and effectively with the ability to determine impact on project.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills sufficient to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and staff through all levels of the Organization.
- Experience with various System Development Life cycles (SDLC)
- Experience working with various Project Management practices and disciplines
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with a Source Control System (Git, SVN)
- Strong interpersonal skills to augment a close working relationship with the core team members.
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well within tight timelines
- Must be self-directed and results-driven with a strong customer focus
- Very strong organizational skills
- Experience with Apache Virtual Host Configuration
- Experience working with Adobe Experience Manager and/or Blackbaud Luminate
What’s In It for You
- Meaningful work, with a knowledge that you are changing the lives of children all around the world
- A family friendly work environment
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams
- Generous paid vacation days, holidays, family leave days, and sick time
- Healthcare plans including medical, dental, and life insurance
- Retirement savings account with matching company contributions
- Structured and formalized management development and coaching programs for mid and senior level managers
- Extensive e-learning opportunities on a variety of topics offered through our affiliation with several prestigious universities as well as language learning opportunities
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited
from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.