Truck Driver - Pompano Beach, FL at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: POMPANO BEACH, Florida
Responsible for making on time store deliveries while providing exceptional customer service.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Adhere to company procedures, safety rules and regulations
- Follow rules for proper care and maintenance of equipment
- Obey safety rules pertaining to lifting and handling of product and equipment as well as personal safety behavior
- Handle all recordkeeping accurately and legibly
- Follow all work rules
- Maintain standards of cleanliness and proper dress code, ie uniforms
- Report to supervisor all problems that interfere with a proper and safe work environment
- Maintain required contact with dispatch for work schedules, route assignment, credit issues, cigarette pickup, and all other needs as they arise
- Review all pre-trip paperwork for accuracy such as; invoices corresponding with merchandise, route sheets for store numbers, C.O.D.’s
- Collect on all C.O.D.’s upon delivery to customer
- Maintain mileage information as required
- Conduct a Pre and Post-trip inspection of tractor and trailer before leaving and upon returning to the yard
- Unload and check all pallets for accuracy at the store
- Obtain signatures on paperwork from customer along with a store stamp
- Seal every trailer door and log the seal number on route sheet prior to leaving the yard and at each delivery
- Return all paperwork to dispatch at end of day
- Check the temperature in trailer daily
- Clean out the trailer of all returns and reclamation upon return to yard, and place in designated area for grocery or perishable
- Maintain accurate D.O.T. logs and turn in daily with other paperwork
- Must wear Z41 approved safety shoes when working
- Immediately report an accident to supervisor and follow proper protocol
- Must be 23 years of age or older and available to work all shifts, on any day of the week as dictated by business necessity
- Must have a CDL class "A" license
- 3 years’ minimum tractor-trailer driving experience
- Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to understand traffic signs and law enforcement official
- Must be able to operate an electric pallet jack, manual pallet jack, two-wheel hand truck, Thermo King unit, sliding fifth wheel and sliding tandem wheels
- Be able to load and unload pallets of product from the trailer
- Must know and follow all state and Federal DOT regulations
- Must have a good driving record
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.