AVP, Excess and Umbrella Liability Claims at Allied World
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
AVP, Excess & Umbrella Liability Claims
The AVP, Excess & Umbrella Liability Claims will actively lead an experienced staff performing the investigation, coverage analysis, damage evaluation, and resolution of claims presented against the Company’s umbrella and excess general liability policies. In addition, as a key member of the Casualty Claim Management Team, the AVP will engage in collaborative projects and assignments in support of the department and company and continually provide superior service to all customers, both internal and external.
Consideration of an enhanced title and responsibilities for candidates with advanced skills and experience is possible.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently manage a significant volume of excess casualty claims involving a broad spectrum of accounts and exposures. Ensure the prompt analysis of coverage and loss exposure, issuance of accurate and timely coverage position letters, select and assign counsel and proactively manage litigation. Establish timely and appropriate reserves, regularly report claim developments and trends to claim and underwriting management.
- Proactively lead and mentor a staff of Senior Claims Analysts handling excess casualty claims. Develop and implement best practices and institute a comprehensive annual training program. Handle a nominal caseload of claims as necessary. Represent the Company in the resolution of claims and participate in legal proceedings, including mediations and trials.
- Review and prepare authority requests and Executive Claim Summary reports, perform various administrative tasks and present trends and complex claims to senior managers.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from other claim divisions and areas of the Company including underwriting, finance, actuarial, operations and technology as necessary. Communicate and interact with insureds, clients, brokers, legal counsel, underwriters and other parties as necessary.
- The ideal candidate will have 10 to 15 years of combined primary and excess/umbrella casualty claim handling experience, including a minimum of 3 years of direct supervisory experience.
- Must have extensive litigation management, coverage analysis, damage evaluation and loss mitigation skills.
- A four-year college degree is required and J.D is preferred.
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Technical proficiency and decisiveness
- Strong administrative and claim operational experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Multi-jurisdictional claim and litigation management experience
- Integrity and the highest standards of professionalism
- Collaborative and flexible
- Possess applicable state adjuster licensing
- Insurance designations are a plus (CPCU, ARM, AIC, etc.)
Fairfax is a holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management.
About Allied World
Allied World, through its subsidiaries and brand known as Allied World, is a global provider of innovative property, casualty and specialty insurance and reinsurance solutions. Allied World offers superior client service through a global network of offices and branches. All of Allied World's rated insurance and reinsurance subsidiaries are rated A by A.M. Best Company, A by Standard & Poor's, and A2 by Moody's, and our Lloyd's Syndicate 2232 is rated A+ by Standard & Poor's and AA- by Fitch.
Our generous benefits package includes: Health and Dental Insurance, 401k plan, and Group Term Life Insurance. Allied World Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion or belief, sex, age, genetic information, marital or civil partnership status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or their protected veteran or disability status. Please visit www.awac.com for further information on Allied World.