Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A at Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Posted in Professional Services 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Boston, MassachusettsJob Description:
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Req ID: 11777
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Location: Boston, MA
Posting Date: February 6, 2018
Attention: If you are a current Alexion employee, please apply via Alexion's internal Life & Career portal. Note that you will need to be connected to the VPN if you are applying away from the office.
Alexion does not contact candidates via instant messaging or chat tools. At no time will we ask candidates for fees associated with obtaining software, nor do we provide employees with a cashier's check to purchase new equipment. If you are contacted in this manner, please be aware that it is fraudulent, and please do not provide any information or money to these individuals. Applicants should only apply through this Alexion website. Any fraudulent activity should be reported to GSOC@alexion.com
Alexion's Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis team is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to be part of our global team and provide operational reporting, financial support, and analytical insights to senior management and internal business partners. The Sr. Financial Analyst will support the development of the annual operating plan and periodic forecasts, perform variance analysis versus the plan and forecast, consolidate global financial information and perform complex analytics to report on trends.
The successful candidate will collaborate with global cross-functional teams, thrive on the opportunity to drive financial improvements, work well in a dynamic and challenging environment, have strong interpersonal skills and possess a high degree of accountability.
- Support timely, accurate forecasting and planning
- Participate in cross functional projects
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and analytics
- Prepare variance analysis, financial assessments and trend analysis
- Develop and update presentations for senior management
- 2-5 years' of experience in finance, planning and analysis position
- Experience in Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry viewed favorably
- Outstanding ability to deliver reports and presentations to senior management
- Ability to contribute and succeed in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Outstanding computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions and different cultures
- Experience using SAP BPC a plus
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA viewed favorably
- Coursework in finance, accounting, and general business is strongly recommended
Boston, MA, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a multinational biopharmaceutical company with approximately 2,500 dedicated employees serving patients in more than 50 countries through the innovation, development, and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology, Alexion developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG).
Alexion participates in E-Verify process. To learn more, please click on attached document(s)