Agriculture Field Inspector (Part-Time)- St. Rose, LA at SGS North America
Posted in Compliance 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Saint Rose, Louisiana
* Responsible for inspecting samples coming into the ports and/or laboratory.
* Also, required to perform onsite inspections (sampling and grading) at loading/discharge facilities.
* Carry out inspection and testing activities in compliance with contractual requirements and within competence and safety limits
FIELD OPERATIONS MANAGER
* Responsible for all entry level assignments as follows:
o Barge, Rail, Ship Hold
o Rail Weight Supervision
o Hatch Sealing
o Barge Draft/Inspections
* May be assigned and coordinate special or ad hoc projects as needed.
* Carrying out the analysis of the different grains, splitting the samples to speed the process for the Grain Graders.
* Transporting samples from the terminals to the office and vice versa.
* Basic laboratory testing of samples under the supervision of their Supervisor.
* Taking pictures throughout the duration of the inspection process.
* Ensuring detailed notes are taken throughout the inspection process.
* Inspection/sampling of containers and Rail Cars at different locations.
* Supervise loading and count of such agricultural products in accordance with applicable standards and procedures.
* Reporting of all required field activities as per National/Regional field forms.
* Maintain regular communication with administrative staff with reference to job status, progress, problems, etc.
* Stay abreast and adhere to latest industry and client procedures which are provided by the area Manager/Operations Supervisor/Dispatcher or administrative staff.
* At all times, adopt a safe behavior by exercising due regard for the health and safety of SGS employees and clients, in line with SGS policies and procedures.
* At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
* SGS is the world s leading inspection, verification, testing and Certification Company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With 75,000 employees, SGS operates a network of more than 1,700 offices and laboratories around the world. This position would be based in our New Orleans office.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
* A minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent is required.
* Six months of previous experience in grain or oil inspections and/or grain grading is preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers, management, external customers and the public.
* Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast paced, highly professional environment.
* Candidates must be proficient in using various type of computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
* Must possess and maintain a valid driver s license as travel to various client sites is required.
* Must be able to work flexible and long hours (up to 12 hours per day) around shipping schedules (days, nights, weekends and holidays).
* Must be able to follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
* Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
* Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
* Ability to work well with others and independently.
* Works well under pressure.
* Positive team spirit
* Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when necessary.
* Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds.
* Must be eligible to apply for a TWIC card.
HEALTH & SAFETY GUIDELINES:
* Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
* Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
* In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
* Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
* Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to supervisor.
* Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
* Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client / site contact.
* Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application BECAUSE OF A DISABILITY, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.