Director of Marketing & Communications - Eberly College of Arts & Sciences at West Virginia University
Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
The Eberly College of Arts and Sciences at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Director of Marketing and Communications. This position will be responsible for assisting the administration, faculty, staff, and other personnel with the College's integrated communication activities via web, print, social media, radio, and television to enhance the prestige and goodwill of the College and ensure it's needs and reputation are optimized.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Oversee all Eberly websites, including site architecture, navigation, functionality and graphics, and have supervisory authority over the web master.
- Develop, manage and implement a comprehensive communications plan that aligns with the mission and strategic goals of the University and College and strengthens the understanding of the College's vision.
- Develop print, marketing, and public relations proposals for discussion with the Dean.
- Gather and maintain current information from departments and programs regarding faculty and alumni for use as content in communications materials.
- Manage rapid response and crisis communications for the Eberly College.
- Collaborate with University Relations as needed.
- On behalf of the Dean, compose high level communication materials.
- Directly hire and supervise a staff of professionals and student interns, evaluating performance and initiating disciplinary action as needed.
- Oversee and produce a variety of printed materials for recruitment, development, alumni promotional materials, lecture and symposium ads, etc.
- Ensure each project progresses in accordance with approved deadlines and budgets and intellectual property used in materials comply with WVU standards.
- Expand and grow the Eberly College presence in online communication channels, developing strategic goals for websites, blogs, and social networking sites.
- Manage all Eberly social networking sites through strategic daily postings, management of content, and community engagement; consult with, train, coach and support internal departments and programs to enable the to effectively use social media to achieve their goals.
- Bachelor's degree required in communications, marketing, integrated marketing communications, public relations or a similar field
- Five (5) years of experience in marketing, communications, and public relations
- Supervision experience preferred
- Experience developing a complex strategic communication plan preferred
- Superior skills in planning, organization, teamwork, time management, and project management required
- Demonstrated knowledge of desktop publishing/design programs, standard layout, paste-up, and photographic techniques to sufficiently produce print publications with internal support and external vendors
- Demonstrated skills in graphic design