Senior UX Designer, BMW Technology Office - Silicon Valley at BMW Group
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mountain View, California
BMW Of North America BMW Technology Corporation Designworks USA
Build what Matters
Join us and be part in shaping the next era of mobility: connected, electric, and autonomous. The Technology Office in Mountain View is leading BMW’s efforts to develop these areas to craft the next generation of sustainable, high performance driving machines. We look for candidates with a bold temperament to work with us in small agile teams rapidly iterating on new prototypes to advance premium mobility.
This is a full-time Senior UX Design opportunity working in the Experience Design Lab at the BMW Group Technology Office USA. The candidate will solve challenges at the intersection of design, technology, the customer of tomorrow and economic trends. He/she is part of an intrinsic working model of technological immersion in Silicon Valley. Hereby, the candidate is combining his/her skills with insights and impulses to implement innovative experiences. Enabled by this unique setup, the candidate’s work will be inspiring for BMW Group’s research, development and business units.
The primary focus and responsibility of this position will be on the development of concepts, visuals, storytelling and communication. The Senior UX Designer will be challenged to think and act in versatile and creative ways. He/she is tasked to deliver the most innovative concepts and design solutions. The candidate will lead and manage projects and proofs his/her experience in complex situations. Secondarily, he/she will identify emerging interaction technologies, trends and paradigms to influence advanced experiences and products.
The candidate will collaborate with other internal and external engineering, research and design professionals. Contributing his/her competencies effectively with an agile, multi-disciplinary, international team. We are looking for an experienced team member who enjoys a diversity of projects, is self-motivated, and offers a combination of skill sets.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Visual Design, Multimedia Design, Motion and Animation or similar fields
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 5-7 years experience in a combination of the following:
- 3+ years project management experience (either professional or within university projects)
- 3+ years of proven track record of excellent UI/UX projects achievements
- 3+ years of advanced experience creating concepts, UI designs, visuals, storytelling and communication materials
- Portfolio documenting recently achieved projects
- Excellent skills in using design tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and or similar
- Excellent skills in using visualization tools like After Effects, Maya, Cinema4D, and or similar
- Excellent skills in software prototyping with tools like Flinto, Principle, and or similar
- Knowledge in hardware prototyping with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and or similar
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Willingness to travel to destinations in the United States as well as to Europe
- Advanced ability to think creative and innovative
- Advanced ability to work collaboratively
- Advanced ability to perform research
- Advanced presentation and communication skills
- Advanced Project Management skills
- Ability to set direction
- Leading skills
- Advanced expertise in international projects
- People leadership skills and a proven capability to lead in matrix organizations without formal disciplinary responsibility (this includes the ability to lead peers successfully)
- Mentoring skills
- Analytical and conceptualization skills.
- Advanced ability to structure, illustrate and or communicate complex concepts in an understandable, practicable manner
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.