Process Engineer at Constellation Brands
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Daleville, Virginia
What started in 1996 as a small group of home brewers who simply wanted to make great beer evolved into the team of adventurers known today as Ballast Point. From bringing a hoppy twist to a porter, or adding four types of malt to its amber ale, to creating a breakthrough gold-medal winning IPA, the San Diego-based company is known for adding its own touch and asking if there’s a better way. Today an internationally recognized leader in the craft brewing industry, the company makes over 50 styles of beer and distributes to 44 states and 8 countries internationally.
Through an intimate working knowledge of brewery operations, the Process Engineer for Ballast Point will work with the Plant Operations team to identify and implement continuous improvement and process optimization opportunities.
- Analyze and interpret process and manufacturing data to identify opportunities for brewery improvement projects, process changes, and new technologies to achieve increased productivity, reduced product loses, enhanced manufacturing flexibility and capacity, improved product quality, safer operations, and improved environmental compliance
- Provide technical engineering consultation, troubleshooting, and leadership to brewery personnel on brewing, filtering, and cleaning operations to solve production problems as they arise
- Explore and implement new process technologies and equipment (and optimize existing) that will improve our quality, efficiency, yields, cycle times, or margins
- Support our ongoing brewery expansion efforts by working with our Engineering and Facilities teams to help with design and project management aspects of associated project
- Ensures system solutions meet all safety, quality, and reliability design criteria
- Provides ongoing coaching and training to Plant Operations and Technicians to improve plant proficiency in the use of automation
- Maintains site-specific systems and solution documentation
- Owns systems disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Facilitates productive working relationships with local business partners and other key automation vendors
- Monitors and reports system performance and metrics
- Ensure adherence to corporate manufacturing systems standards
- Lead change management introduced by systems changes
- Bachelor's degree required in engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline
- Previous manufacturing experience in controls automation is strongly preferred
- Team player with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills
- Previous engineering experience in a manufacturing controls environment preferred
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Data Acquisition and Communication Networks
- Ability to work in a self-directed work environment with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of world class operating principles including six sigma preferred.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
LocationBallast Point - Daleville Brewery
Job TypeFull time
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).