Sr. Billing Analyst - Gas at EDF Trading North America, LLC
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Job title: Retail Sr Billing Analyst – Gas
Reports to: Retail Billing Lead
EDF Energy Services provides electricity, natural gas and environmental products to large-scale, energy-intensive commercial and industrial consumers. Consistently ranked in the top 10 of suppliers to large C&I customers, EDF Energy Services structures single or multi-commodity products with medium to long-term programs. These product offerings encompass holistic services and include energy supply, hedging strategies and risk management features including demand response and onsite generation management options. EDF Energy Services partners with customers to establish the best product combination to meet their business objectives. In addition, EDF Energy Services provides an on-line portal which includes real-time market pricing, analysis and usage data to assist customers in making the best decisions based on their commodity budgets and goals.
EDF Energy Services is a 100% owned subsidiary of EDF, one of the world’s biggest electricity generators.
EDF Trading and EDF Energy Services have around 800 employees with key offices in London, Paris, Singapore, Houston and Calgary.
Individual will report directly to the Retail Operations Manager - Gas, and will work in a deadline oriented, high responsibility, high energy, trading environment. This is a visible position entailing considerable interaction with the front, middle and back office groups.
- Manage all retail invoicing and validation aspects for EDF Energy Services Retail Portfolio for C&I Gas/Power customers
- Act as the main point of contact to research and resolve billing disputes and provide timely resolution on any issues
- Constantly review and analyze the AR Aging report and follow with customers and engage the appropriate internal groups to take appropriate action when aged balances are not paid in full
- Implement new measures to improve quality control process for outgoing invoices
- Prepare monthly detailed analysis on billed revenues for the month, including Volumetric Analysis, Invoice vs. Accrual Analysis, LDC Balancing, etc
- Monitor changes to billing determinants and incorporate into billing process
- Perform accounting functions and reconciliations as needed.
- Provide data collection and reporting assistance during internal and external audits.
- Train new team members and constantly review the training materials to ensure these documents are updated and relevant
- Deliver complete, accurate analysis on complex issues impacting with minimal supervision on customer related issues, and propose appropriate course of action to the impacted internal and external parties
- Validate and reconcile daily, weekly, and monthly activity with the LDCs we do business with, including volume analysis and financial analysis to ensure accuracy of balancing and pooling fees, as well as to reconciling and valuating our storage inventory
- Document and collect all necessary support prior to making any volumetric adjustments to the monthly LDC Balancing Review
- Provide detailed supporting documentation on any P&L swings or adjustments needed if there is a significant variance between forecasted vs actual billed revenue
- Prepare, review, and approve all billing related activity prior to uploading into the accounting system
- Qualified candidates will have a degree in accounting, finance, economics, business or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
- Minimum three years analytical experience in a business environment, preferably in Retail Energy Market.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a solid understanding of power markets and deal flow experience.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with Retail Gas billing.
- Ability to work independently and exercise discretion when making business decisions regarding daily work.
- Ability to work accurately with and analyze large sets of numerical data.
- Ability to handle daily deadlines and multiple projects.
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills are critical.
- Strong MS Office Suite technical skills required. (Primarily Excel)
- Highly Confident, articulate individual who is a team player and works well with other desks.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and be able to respond to changes in priorities
- Ability to explain complex ideas in a cohesive and clear manner
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient and enthusiastic individual who has strong desire to grow within Company.
- Good understanding of business processes and data management
- Highly knowledgeable about EDF Energy Services and the Company business overview