Accounting Intern at CSM Corporation
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will be introduced to the monthly preparation and review of balance sheet and profit and loss accounts and accountable for their accuracy.
- Help reconcile control accounts to subsidiary documentation.
- Through review and analysis, assist with creating general ledger adjusting journal entries at month end and help publish financial statements and budget variance reports for internal use.
- Participation in the forecasting process including preparation of cash flow and balance sheet budgets.
- Will also work with corporate departments to complete and maintain operational forecasts.
- Assist with other projects in this area as assigned.
- Work closely with mentor accountants and business partners to ensure compliance with accounting/finance-related SOPs and serve as a corporate liaison from an accounting standpoint.
- Provide additional support for new users.
- Complies with identified standards for the organization and retention of month end/year-end financial/accounting records maintained by the department.
- Applies knowledge of accounting to evaluate established controls and standardized procedures, identifies opportunities for improvements and alternatives to improve efficiencies within department, and assists in developing and making recommendation to management when appropriate.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationship with Corporate, Lodging and Accounting staff to address information reporting needs.
- Assists mentor accountants with preparing accounting schedules routinely and as requested by internal management or as needed for external reporting requirements.
- Responsible and accountable for effective self/workload management.
- Ability to multi-task and see responsibilities to completion under strict deadlines.
- Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment.
- Adheres and upholds all CSM Standard Operating Procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education/Experience: Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting currently in progress required.
- Coursework and demonstrated usage of accounting software applications,
- Must have computer proficiency using spreadsheet and word processing software (Microsoft Office)
- Must have the ability to learn quickly, strong attention to detail, accountability, and multi-tasking skills.
- Work is performed primarily in the corporate office, and may involve long periods of sitting.
- Must be able to move freely throughout the office as required.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 10 pounds (with or without assistance) and utilize a computer on a regular basis.