Yard Jockey - 3rd Shift at XPO Logistics Supply Chain Inc
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tracy, California
3rd Shift, Monday – Friday, 11:00pm – 7:30am
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, moving product is vital to long-term success, and we need people with the skill and dedication to take care of business. As the Yard Jockey, you will be responsible for moving freight around the yard, and loading and unloading trailers by hand or with the use of equipment. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity and a better lifestyle, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Drive a yard jockey from dock to dock
- Pick-up and deliver trailers to the specified docking area
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections of equipment
- Load and unload freight
- Complete required paperwork and communicate clearly (verbally and in writing) with supervisors and associates
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Ability to read and write, complete required paperwork, and understand bills of lading, manifest, and freight bills
- Ability to safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties
- Ability to hook up and disconnect yard jockey
- Ability to drive a truck and/or tractor trailer combination with power steering
- Safely work for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 100 lbs. occasionally; may also move up to 500 lbs. on wheeled carts
- Meet the minimum physical requirements stipulated in Section 391.41 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Availability to work 52 weeks per year, 5 days per week, along with planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
It’d be great if you also have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.